Campus Celebrity: Joey Lemenager

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Joey Lemenager! Joey is a junior finance and management major from Salem, N.H and is one of the captains of the UNH Men’s Baseball team this year!

When he’s not at practice or on campus, you can find Joey riding around on his motorcycle or hanging out with friends at Aroma Joe’s.

Read on to find out more about this week’s celeb!

What’s it like being a member of the UNH baseball team? Who do you play against, what position do you play, and what’s the team like overall?

Being on the team is a great time, I’ve met a lot of new friends, we have a lot of fun, and of course we still get to play baseball at a competitive level. We play in two leagues during the fall and one in the spring. We play teams in the area like UMaine, BU, UVM, Central Connecticut and so on. I play center field and we have always been a winning team having taken 3 championships since I’ve been here.

Who are your co-captains/coach?

Co-captains are Mike Cleary and Matt Grant.Coach is Miles Roberge (he’s the man).

What are the baseball teams goals this upcoming year?

Our goals are to take home both championships this fall and also in the spring, I plan on studying abroad next semester so I won’t be able to witness our spring trophy but we have a great group of guys and a lot of talent, I think we will do just fine!

What are your responsibilities as captain? My responsibilities range between student leader meetings, filling out travel and roster forms, running practices and just being a team leader.

Do you guys have any fun team traditions or cheers?

I can’t really think of anything, but if I were to come up with something I’d say we usually like to bombard hoco after practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you see 10+ guys in white UNH baseball hats it’s most likely us.

What is your favorite baseball memory?My favorite baseball memory, even though it sounds lame, has to be little league. I’ve had a lot of fun playing “real” baseball but nothing compares to being a kid again and just having fun. I think we could all go back to the simple like for a few days if we had the choice.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself?

My favorite animal would have to be a squirrel, they’ve always been my one true love. I need a bumper sticker that says, “I break for Squirrels” – it could save a life. 

Senior OT major at UNH
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!