Black Friday: A Story Told by a Retail Worker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Black friday, the day after Thanksgiving where crowds of consumers are drawn to special offers by retailers. For retail workers Black Friday means having to go into work with your Thanksgiving food baby and trying to survive the chaotic crowds of people in the store. By personal experience of working for the past two Black Fridays, I would say it is one of the most grueling and hectic days in the year at the mall. Here I would like to present a story to you:  Black Friday….A Story Told by a Retail Worker.

After enjoying a nice Thanksgiving meal, you realize it is time to go to into the battlefield (aka. the mall) 

Pulling into the mall and trying to find parking is a pain in the butt. 

When walking into work and realize there is already a line infront of the store.

Before opening the doors, you and your co-workers say a quick prayer that you will survive this Black Friday. 

Midnight is hell time because it is when all the doors open and everyone comes trampling in. 

And then you just want to hide from all the customers who are trying to ask you questions. 

The line for the register seems like it’s never going to end.

To keep all the workers alive and entertained, we all usually sing and dance to the music being played in the store. 

After a couple hours of working,  you start to feel the stages of hungry, tired, and angry. At this point I don’t want to deal with customers and all I want to do is go home.

Works you thought you would never here: Emily, you can go home now. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!