stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best Healthy Brunch Places To Eat Around UNH

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Let’s face it – the dining halls are great but sometimes we need a little something else. Thankfully, there are tons of places around UNH to get a healthy bite to eat for breakfast or lunch! Here’s a few.

Big Bean

You can find this delicious cafe in downtown Newmarket. They make all their food from scratch, support local farms, use seasonal fruits and vegetables and make their own homemade bread. On top of that, all of their restaurant’s waste is composted or recycled and all disposables are compostable. The Big Bean is the perfect place to sit outside and enjoy a nice Sunday while eating a healthy breakfast. 

Friendly Toast

You would be surprised with all the healthy options this unique breakfast place has to offer. They have a ‘Fit & Friendly’ section on their menu full of delicious meals. They also have tons of vegan and gluten free options, making their place in downtown Portsmouth great for everyone! 

Young’s

Thankfully, we have some healthy alternatives on our campus. Young’s has a whole menu with healthier/green options that you can check out whenever you’d like. Young’s also sources locally grown products – so go green and eat local!

Laney and Lu’s

Their local and certified organic menu is perfect for someone who is trying to eat healthier. If you’re ever in Exeter, definitely try out their coffees, teas or smoothie bowls. On top of that, they have tons of breakfast, toast, salad and wrap options. 

The Spot

This delicious place can be found on campus as I’m sure you already know. This is the perfect place if you’re looking to get a smoothie or acai bowl on the go. There are tons of options and if you haven’t checked it out already, you are missing out! 

The Juicery

This is another healthy place to check out on campus or in Portsmouth. The environment of The Juicery is perfect to study, chat with friends or just hang out and enjoy your smoothie. They are 99% vegan and offer really great juices and organic foods. 

The Fresh Press

This is an amazing place to check out if you like organic juices, smoothies, acai bowls and more. On top of that, they offer quinoa bowls, chopped salads, and wraps. Next time you’re in Portsmouth, definitely check out their yummy menu! 

I am a senior at the University of New Hampshire studying Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in communications. I'm so excited to be HC UNH's CC this year! Check out my blog: https://www.cupoftblog.com/ HCXO <3
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!