Bachelor Mid-Season Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

We all know that once the new semester starts, the new season of the Bachelor starts too. But if you’ve been oh-so busy figuring out how to handle your new class schedule — mixed with club meetings and study groups, while also making time for the gym (have to stay fit) and meals with friends (have to stay social) then you’re in luck! We’ve got a mid-season recap with the most important drama, laughter, and wt* moments that will help you get all caught up for the rest of the season.

Chris Soules

Here I will let you in on some basic facts about this season’s drool-worthy star:

Fact 1: Chris is a farmer. His hometown is in Iowa and he loves country music and driving tractors. This may seem a little odd considering the show he’s on. These girls are b-e-a-utiful, but it’s obvious that they wear a ton of makeup and love to show off their stylish clothes so do we really think they are made for farm life? But hey, I’m not in charge of casting.

Fact 2: He has an absolutely adorable laugh. It’s like a little boy is inside giggling for him. It’s long, sincere, and that is definitely a plus in our book.

Fact 3: Despite his good looks, adorable laugh, and sweet “I’m a hard-working farm boy” attitude, he’s had one too many “really dude?” moments. Case in point, during a two-on-one, Ashley I. (Kardashian look-alike) vents to Chris privately about the other woman on the date, Kelsey (We will get to Kelsey later…I’ll just leave it at OMG.) Then Chris TELLS KELSEY WHAT ASHLEY SAID. This of course leads to a girl to girl confrontation, which is awkward and uncomfortable and gets a bit nasty with Ashley insisting to Kelsey that she IS indeed intelligent (which I hope viewers had the same reaction as me which was something like “yeah you go girl!!!”). But seriously Ashley, don’t you know that the girl who talks sh*t never ever makes it far?  Neither girl gets a rose though, so you could definitely label this three person “date” a big fat disaster.

Okay, so now that you know some basic details about farmer Chris. Now must know about the girls this season. Pardon me, but the show must have gone to the crazy train to pick out some of these cast members because these girls have been acting certified insane.

Tara

So this girl comes out of the limo and is she wearing a pretty gown? Obviously not. She comes out wearing a flannel and cowboy boots. At first I was like really? Did you think you were going to Chris’ actual farm to meet him? And then I was like wait…maybe the girl has a point here. He is a farmer after all. So maybe he appreciates the look, idk. What I do know is that the girl lovesss whiskey, which may have become too apparent in week 2 when she clearly does not have it together.

Ashley S.

Two words: zombie apocalypse. When Chris took the girls on a date to go on a fake zombie hunt, Ashley S. takes it up a notch by double “killing” the actors. (Word to Ashley: they aren’t really zombies.)

Jordan

Jordan appears to have had too much to drink at the cocktail party during week 2 and following the intense make out session but just-admitted-virgin Ashley I., Jordan wants her turn for a tongue-to-tongue kiss. But Chris is all like “yeah…. no girl you are too intoxicated for this to be okay” (good for you, Bachelor man). Jordan doesn’t get her kiss. Just an awkward moment and no rose.  

Kelsey

She seemed innocent and sweet at first, especially with her sad story of suddenly becoming a widow. But it’s like out of nowhere we realize girl is bat-sh*t crazy. First off, she says her being on a group date (as opposed to a one-on-one) is “unacceptable”…um rude! You’re on The Bachelor what did you expect?. Then comes the “panic attack”…not saying the girl is lying, but she fainted only after hearing Chris announce “no cocktail party tonight.” She’s still breathing and conscious and everything, just crying that she needs to speak to Chris. Right…. you are having a panic attack and the only solution is talking to the man whom you are competing for? Okay Kelsey, we see you.

Kelsey 110% got on my bad side when she said the following:

“I get it. I am blessed with eloquence and I use a lot of big words and I am articulate.”

Okay, burn. Kelsey makes it clear she did not come on the show to get defeated, and has total confidence that she A.) is better than every woman there which leads to her honest belief that B.) she will win. But after a confrontation from the other girls and a failure two-on-one (refer to above), girl is gone (cue the cheers).

Who’s going to win?

This is not a spoiler; I have absolutely no idea who will win this thing. But, I do have some predictions for the final episodes…

5th Place: Jade

She is pretty and quiet and (looks) innocent, which will keep her in the one-hand-number range. But, there is some talk that she has some naughty photos in her past. Probably not the wife material Chris is looking for?

4th Place: Britt

Right now, Britt seems like Chris’ girl. They have amazing chemistry and he seems to absolutely adore her. But the girls accuse her of being fake…and they may be right. I think there is something too good to be true about this girl.

3rd Place: Kaitlyn

She’s seems like a really good time. Like, I want her to be my friend. But she also seems a bit immature. Definitely not ready to settle down.

2nd Place: Whitney

Whitney seems naturally beautiful and down to earth. She also seems like she’d be a great wife. But some inner feeling tells me she’s not meant to be Chris’ wife.

1st Place: Becca

She already went horseback riding with Chris which means she’s definitely ready for the farm. Becca seems to stay away from the drama, she keeps quiet but you still know of her presence. She seems like the sweet, beautiful, family-oriented girl Chris should choose as his wife. She also picked up and loves Chris’ adorable laugh. Yeah, Becca’s my girl. 

I am a junior business student at the University of New Hampshire with concentrations in marketing and management. I very much enjoy writing about relationships and love but hope to also write about sports, health, and fitness in the future as I am really passionate about working out and eating well. Enjoy reading! Xo
UNH '15