Aim for Kindness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

In a world where crime and sorrow flood the news and the headline of the morning paper is a synonym of tragedy more often than not, mankind needs an outlet of happiness and gratitude. A new endeavor created in memory of a young woman lost to a random act of violence, Aim for Kindness strives to promote random acts of kindness instead. With the goal in mind of stealing the spotlight from random acts of violence this website is a feel good outlet to share your good deeds, and be inspired by strangers.

Everyone has that day, where they wonder “what did I do in my last life to deserve this luck.” Imagine if on this day, post coffee spill, you were greeted at your car with napkins and a new coffee, even better than the first.  Or what about when you’re late to work and that person chooses to let you turn, even though it is bound to make them the most hated car on the road? A random act of kindness, no matter how small, can make someone’s day. It can spread kindness, and help people remember the good things in life. Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about, and a smile or a cup of coffee can bring a smile to their day and help ease their pain, even if for just a moment.

Please join the fight, rather than adding to the violence, fight back with kindness, selflessness, and pure compassion. Open your heart to strangers, it won’t only brighten their day but yours as well. Visit the site, read through stories from people you have never met. Get inspired, and help make this world a better place, one person at a time.

The website allows people to submit both stories and pictures depicting their good deeds, allowing for recognition or the option to remain anonymous. Updated daily by the creator new ideas are easy to come by. For those who can’t seem to sit still for more than a of couple minutes there is a spotlight page, with one idea each day. If you could brighten someone’s day with little to no effort why wouldn’t you? You never know when the favor will come back to you. So stop dwelling on the negativity that is lurking around every corner, and open your mind to the good, the potential, and the beauty this world has to offer.

Take a look for yourself at www.aimforkindness.com

If you have any suggestions to improve the initiative please e-mail me at aimingforkindness@gmail.com, I look forward to hearing from my fellow wildcats!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!