8 Ways to Lead you to “Instafamous” Stardom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Instagram is the latest and greatest social media out there right now. Like lets be honest… who doesn’t enjoy taking pictures and sharing them?!? However, Instagram is much more than just that now… its all about the follower and like count, because everyone strives to be instafamous ( @manderzelm feel free to follow me cough cough).  So we asked some of UNH’s instagram experts for tips to get to that instafamous status…. you can thank us later.

1) Timing is key

Think about it this way… if you post at times that people are not on their phones (like if they are sleeping) then they will not see your post probably and therefore cannot like it. Good times are in the morning, lunch time, and dinner time.

2) Be a faithful follower

If you like peoples photos usually they will like theirs back. We all love our faithful followers and know we can count on their likes.

3) Share on other social media

By sharing your posts from instagram on your Facebook and Twitter, you are giving it more of an audience to those who do not follow you on instagram, or even haven’t seen it yet.

4) Pet Instagrams

You totally know at least one or two people that have an instagram for their dog or cat, hey they are cute and faithful and you always know they are going to hit you up with a follow and a like… it works I sware. Thanks for always having our back!

5) Hard not to like photos

Eye appealing photos always get those likes what can ya say. EVERYONE loves pictures of cute animals, babies, food and anything artsy looking. Might take a little more effort to get that great picture, but it will be worth it.

6) Captions can make it or break it

Always try to put captions!! Just having a good caption can get you some more likes.. you can get inspritation from tumblr AND if you are feeling extra fancy you can get caption apps for fun fonts.

7) #followforfollow

You are getting your name out there and its a simple way to get a better feed and more followers, if they don’t follow back and you don’t like their instagram, you can always unfollow at a later time.

8) Tag your friends in your photos

When you take a picture together and post it… tag them! It will help them get more followers every time, they will do the same for you

Just don’t let the stardom get to ya ;)

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!