7 Ways to Wear Green on St. Patricks Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

7 Ways to Wear Green on St. Patrick’s Day

Do you ever wonder how to tie green into your St. Patty’s day outfit without looking like a piece of broccoli? Is green not your color of choice? St. Patrick ’s Day is a holiday that can give lots of girls trouble as to what to wear. Lots of people wonder how to wear green to look festive, yet not too festive. Here are some ways to find the perfect balance of green for whatever your plans are this St. Patty’s day!

1. Green necklace/ green beads

Green beads are an easy way to tie St. Patty’s into any outfit for the day. Beads can show your festivity even when you’re not wearing any other green or Irish related clothing. You can find these at iParty, Target or any craft store for an affordable price.

2. Olive green pants

The olive green pants are becoming more and more popular and, the pant you’ll want to wear this St. Patrick ’s Day. These pants seem to be a “must have” item for girls these days and can go with jean jackets, sweaters, t-shirts and more. Olive pants can be just enough green to be Irish without going over the top for this holiday.

3. Green and white dress

Going out to a festive party this St. Patrick’s day? This dress is perfect to wear to a casual party by adding a jean jacket or cardigan. You could even wear it out to the bar! No matter what your plans are, this cute outfit could be perfect for your St. Patrick’s day this year.

4. Green heels or flats

Festive green heels or flats are a cute way to blend in your St. Patrick ’s Day outfit into a casual outfit as well. These shoes can go nice with a pair of jeans, leggings, skirt, dress, or whatever you’re going to wear this holiday. Heels are a great way to dress up a simple casual outfit while flats can dress down or up an outfit depending on the look you’re going for.

5. Green Socks with boots

Boots are a common footwear for girls this time of year for both nice days and snowy days. Most girls wear socks or leg warmers underneath the boot with a little sock peaking out of the top. This look is classy, yet the perfect way to add some green to an outfit. You can tie in the green socks with a cute green top or jacket and be ready for a day of St. Patrick ’s Day fun.

6. Green scarves

Every girl loves scarves, and most likely has one in every color. Why not wear that green scarf on St Patrick ’s Day? You can wear this scarf with many outfits, or simply to any outfit or taken off easily when you get tired of it.

7. Green jacket

The olive green jacket is a cute accessory to wear with virtually anything. Jeans, Leggings, skirts, dresses, you name it! The green jacket is a great way to tie in that Irish feel to your outfit this St Patrick’s day. It can be classy or casual depending on the look you are going for, or the occasion you have for the holiday.

My name is Lydia, I am aged 20 and currently studying Philosophy at Cardiff University. I love University life and am a member of Cardiff's first team for cheer-leading.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!