7 Easy & Healthy Snacks To Help Get You Through The Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

If you are like me and crave pizza and wings every night, you may want to keep reading this article.  When you go to college,  everyone warns you about the Freshman 15. I am here to tell you that yes, it is real and no it never ends. As a current senior whose diet these past two weeks has been dominos and booze, I’ve decided I should probably get my life together at some point. 

Here are some healthy and easy snacks that will (hopefully) help those late night cravings. 

1.  Hummus & Veggies

As someone who is very passionate about hummus, this snack is my personal favorite. Honestly, if you haven’t had roasted red pepper or garlic flavored hummus you’re living your life wrong. Though veggies are not the most exciting food, anything dipped in hummus is 10/10.

2. Smoothies/ Smoothie bowls

If you like the Juicery but are a broke college student who can barely afford dollar drinks at the bars, making smoothies/smoothie bowls at home is actually fairly easy. The best part about this snack is that you can change up your smoothie/smoothie bowl so it will never get old.

3. Whole Wheat Pita & Greek Yogurt Dip

Recently, I was introduced to Chobani Greek yogurt dip and let me tell you it’s a game changer. Though I’ve only tried two of their flavors so far, I have yet to be disappointed. Dip some whole-wheat pita bread in this and you’ll be addicted before you know it.

4.  Edamame

I feel like most people forget about this snack, but you should definitely add it to your list of things to get at the store. Edamame is the perfect snack because it takes two minutes to heat up and is good for you.

5. Rice Cakes

Rice cakes are great because there are so many different kinds and you can do a lot of different things with them. Personally, I like to get the chocolate rice cakes and add peanut butter to them. You can also put creamcheese on them, fruit, or really anything you want. 

6.  Homemade Trail Mix

A lot of store bought trail mixes have extra sugars added to them so it’s actually better to make your own. Adding things like toasted nuts, dark chocolate, and unsweetened fruit will make your trail mix just as good as the stores’ brands.

7. Avocado Toast

A piece of wheat toast with an avocado is my go to snack because its just that good. Not only are avocados tasty, but also they are extremely nutritious. Add a little tomato and onion to it and you’ll probably want 12 more pieces.  Its delicious and perfect for any time of the day.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!