This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

5 (more) DIY Room Décor Ideas

Back by Popular Demand!

Hey Wildcats! Here are some more Room DIY projects that are easy, inexpensive, fun, and can really add to your space! All of these decorations are ones that girls from UNH have done! 

Adventure Wall

Approximate Price: $5-$10

Time: 20-30 min

Do you get a magazine with lots of pictures in it? How about putting those to use and making a cool wall collage. For this collage, I used a Patagonia catalogue. However, you can use National Geographic, or any magazine with poster-like pictures. If you want to add a map, they aren’t expensive and can be found at any convince store!

Hometown Pillow

Approximate price: $25-$30

Time: 20 min

Although this DIY can be more on the pricey side, it’s worth it! To make one of these adorable personalized made pillows you will need fabric paint, stencils and a blank pillow. Check Target or Marshals for a reasonably priced pillow. The other supplies can be found at any craft store. The idea of having your hometown and the zip code is cute, however, you can do anything! Some ideas are initials, quotes, or favorite vacations spot!

Hanging Pictures

Approximate price: $15

Time: 15-20 min

This is an easy idea that looks great. Print your favorite pictures and then all you need is string (twine works great) and clothes pins. The rest is pretty self-explanatory!

Hanging Decoupage Initials or Sorority Letters

Approximate price: $20

Time: 30 min

You don’t have to be in a sorority to make these hanging letters! You can use your initials!  Decoupage is surprisingly easy, and looks great.

What you need:

-Cute tissue paper or just normal paper with a cool pattern printed on.

-Letters (found at a craft store)

-Glue

-Paintbrush

-Water

1. Cut the tissue paper into squares or smaller shapes to fit onto the letters.

2. Mix white glue with water. it should be the ratio of 50% glue and 50% water.

3. Apply a thin layer of the clue to the letters

4. Place the paper on the letters covering it with more of the glue mix using the paintbrush and let it dry.

5. (Optional) If you want a glossy finish you can apply a varnish or lacquer which you can also find at a craft store.

Cork Letters

Approximate price: $15

Time: 20 min

You may need to collect corks for a little before doing this project! You can also buy corks online on Amazon. After that all you need is some super or gorilla glue and wooden letters, then, glue on the corks!

Adding a few cute decorations can make a huge difference to a room. Not only will it look nice, but also make your space a reflection of you! Instagram (@hercampusUNH) or Tweet (@UNHhercampus) us picture if you try any of these out! #hercampusDIY

To see more room DIY projects check out the original article: http://www.hercampus.com/school/unh/5-easy-diy-room-d-cor-ideas

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!