10 Things that Prove The Holiday Season is the Best Time of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Because It’s Never Too Early For Ugly Sweaters and Hot Chocolate

1. The Decorations

I’m one of those crazy people that starts decorating for the holidays right after Halloween. But come on, how could you not want to hang wreaths and string pretty lights everywhere and anywhere?

2. The Cookies

Peppermint bark, biscotti, peanut butter blossoms, sugar cookies, snicker doodles… so many different types how could you eat just one?

3. Giving/Receiving Presents

May your Christmas lists be long and your shopping bags be full of goodies.

4. The Light Displays

These magical winter wonderlands make me want to spend hours outside walking around looking at all of the twinkling lights.

5. The Smell of Pine

Just imagine the sound of the fireplace crackling in the background while the decorated tree fills the air with that perfect pine sent. Nothing says home during the holidays more than this.

6. The Music

Between Michael Buble, Mariah Carey, and Ariana Grande, you can bet my playlist will be bumpin’ for the next month.

7. The Parties

Ugly sweater party anyone?

8. The Sales

Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual Sale… ‘nough said

9. Freeform/Hallmark Movie Marathons

25 Days of Christmas and Hallmark’s excessive amount of cheesy, holiday romances… excuse me while I go hide away and watch all of them for the next four weeks.

10. Spending Time with Family and Friends

Nothing tops spending the holidays with the ones you love.

Hello! I'm Julianna and I graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a major in BFA: Photography and a minor in Business Administration. I was a Contributing Writer to the Her Campus UNH Chapter beginning in October 2016. In September 2017, I got promoted to Senior Editor, and then I was one of UNH's Campus Correspondents for the Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 school year! This organization was such an incredible experience and I can't wait to see what great things the chapter does in the future. HCXO, Julianna :) http://juliannasagliano.com/
    This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!