This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Here are 10 must have phone apps for every college student: 

1. Venmo

Venmo is definitely an app that you need in college. This app lets you hook up your debit card on your phone so that you can either pay people money over the phone, or receive money. This is super convenient when you don’t have cash and don’t feel like going to an ATM.

2. Tapingo

In between classes, nobody has time to wait in long lines for food. This is where Tapingo comes in handy. Just hook up your Student ID or debit card and choose what place you want food from. Within minutes, you will get a text saying your food is ready!

3. Quizlet

Quizlet is the perfect app to have when you’re trying to study on the go. Personally, I use Quizlet for every class so this is very convenient when I need to get a quick refresher before a quiz or exam.

4. UNH Mobile App

This app is obviously essential if you are a Wildcat. It keeps track of your laundry and tells you the bus schedule, the dining hall menus, events on campus and more.

5. Canvas

Since UNH no longer uses Blackboard, you definitely need to get the Canvas app. No one has time to be constantly checking their grades on their laptop so this is a perfect way to keep track of your assignments and grades on your phone.

6. Amazon

Amazon is necessary in college. With a Student Prime account, shipping is free for most items which obviously can save you so much money. Amazon has anything you could possibly need in college, especially used books.

7. Mint

Mint is an app that helps you budget your money, which is something all college students could use some help with. You can easily add all your cards and bank accounts in one place, helping you to track your spending, create a budget, receive bill reminders and more. 

8. Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal

In college, it can be hard to keep track of your eating habits. This app allows you to search certain foods and tells you how many calories are in each meal. You can also link it up with other apps, like Fitbit or Apple Health. Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal help you keep track of your daily steps which can definitely help you watch your weight if you are trying to be healthier. 

9. Uber

Uber is so important when you live on such a large campus like UNH. It’s great if you don’t want to walk home late at night on the weekends or if you are not able to drive and need a safe ride back home. You can also split Ubers with your friends so that way you are not the only one being charged for the ride. 

10. Ibotta

Ibotta is an app that helps you save cash on things you probably purchase every day. You can link a loyalty card or submit your receipt to get cash back after spending money at your favorite stores. This app allows you to get cash back at more than 500,000 stores and restaurants.

I am a senior at the University of New Hampshire studying Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in communications. I'm so excited to be HC UNH's CC this year! Check out my blog: https://www.cupoftblog.com/ HCXO <3
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!