Pa’Shea Simmons ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNF chapter.

This week’s cutie is a kind-hearted person who is also a force to be reckoned with (so don’t be surprised if you see this one doing big things with her career in the future). She’s also counting down the days until this semester ends. Why? Because she’s going to be a December grad! #jealous

Name: Pa’Shea Simmons 
Major: Child Psychology, minor in sociologyYear: Senior 
Hometown: Jacksonville, FL 
Relationship Status: Single 

HC: Describe your perfect night out.PS: My perfect night out would be a night spent walking the beach at sunset enjoying good conversation with dinner and possibly movies and desert afterwards.

HC: Describe yourself in three words.PS: Unique, fun, caring

HC: What’s one thing that you really love about going to UNF?PS: One thing that I really love about going to UNF is the fact that the campus sits on a nature preserve. I enjoy the sense of peace and the beautiful scenery that UNF has to offer.

HC: What’s one song that you have on repeat right now?PS: I currently do not have a song on repeat right now.

HC: We know that you’ve studied abroad– where did you go and how was the experience?PS: I studied abroad this past summer in Iceland. The experience I had studying abroad was like nothing I could imagine. I enjoyed experiencing and learning about a different culture and comparing their culture to ours here in the United States.

HC: You’re graduating soon– how are you feeling about it? Nervous, excited?PS: I am super excited about graduating in December! I’m not nervous at all, but I am ready to go out into the world and use what I have learned here at UNF to make a difference.

HC: What is your dream career? PS: Child psychiatrist

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?PS: In ten years, I seen myself with my PhD and being a licensed Child Psychiatrist with my own practice.

HC: What is one motto that you live by?PS: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

HC: Who are your role models?PS: My role model is my mom. I have seen her grow as a person, woman, and mother and she has always carried and held herself, including us, to a higher standard. She also taught and raised us to be independent, God fearing women of character and integrity.

My name is Maya Dartiguenave, and I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I'm a communications major, with a focus in public relations. Reading, writing, anything to do with words is what holds my true interest, which is why I'm so happy to be a part of Her Campus! I'm so excited to have started UNF's chapter of Her Campus!While I claim to be a Florida girl for now, my heart belongs to Philadelphia, always. (Go, Eagles!) I hope to move away from Florida after graduation, work my way through grad school, and begin my career in publishing. The future is definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait for it!