Meet Staff Writer Kendall Griffey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNF chapter.

This week’s celeb is another staff writer whose personality and writing style is one that you can totally relate to. Her first HC article will be out soon. But, in the meantime, we’re excited for you to get to know her!

Name: Kendall GriffeyMajor: Public RelationsYear: JuniorHometown: Tampa, FL

HC: Name one person/celebrity that you’d be excited to meet. KG: I would be really excited to meet Hilary Duff. She’s been a role model of mine since I was a kid. 

HC: Whats one song that you could listen on repeat for hours? KG: Anything by Twenty-One Pilots, but specifically Screen.

HC: Where in the world would you love to travel to? KG: I would love to travel to Germany.

HC: Coffee or tea?KG: Tea.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years? KG: My main goal is to be happy with my life wherever it takes me. I have no idea where I will be in ten years, but as long as I’m happy with what I’m doing at that point that’s all that matters.

HC: What is a motto that you live by? KG: Love yourself, because without your flaws you wouldn’t be you. 

HC: Name one thing that love you to do. KG: I love to travel. 

HC: What’s one thing that you want to cross off your bucket list? KG:Scuba diving!

HC: What’s one life lesson that’s really stayed with you throughout the years? KG: Sometimes you have to put your happiness before others’ and that’s okay. It’s not selfish to want to be happy. It’s also not selfish to cut people [out] who bring you down out in your life. 

HC: What made you interested in joining HC UNF? KG: Writing for HC UNF is a great way to gain experience for my major and have my voice heard. 

My name is Maya Dartiguenave, and I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I'm a communications major, with a focus in public relations. Reading, writing, anything to do with words is what holds my true interest, which is why I'm so happy to be a part of Her Campus! I'm so excited to have started UNF's chapter of Her Campus!While I claim to be a Florida girl for now, my heart belongs to Philadelphia, always. (Go, Eagles!) I hope to move away from Florida after graduation, work my way through grad school, and begin my career in publishing. The future is definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait for it!