Why Blair Waldorf Is My Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Hey fellow Seahawks, Gossip Girl here. And I have the biggest news ever. It has been 10 years since Gossip Girl has first premiered. Those six seasons have blessed us with gorgeous men, iconic fashion statements, and the one and only sassy Queen Bee; Blair Waldorf. From the beginning of GG, I’ve loved Blair. I loved her ambition to achieve what she wanted in life and I also loved the fact that she could be a total bitch but be such an incredible and kind person…The best of both worlds right? Let’s not forget the fact that she lived off of mimosas and macarons… if that is not goals… you’re doing life wrong. Also, she ends up with Chuck Bass, every girl’s dream guy. I mean if a guy flies to Paris just to get me my favorite macarons, I would marry him immediately. Throughout the seasons, Blair had pretty relatable moments yet wise wisdom to her fellow fans including myself. Here are 5 reasons why Blair Waldorf will forever be my inspiration.

1. She loved to shop.

As a fellow shopaholic myself, I loved the fact that shopping cheered her up. Anytime she was sad, happy or mad, that girl went shopping. If I had the funds that she had, I would have a more serious problem as I do now. Can we discuss all her cute outfits?! By far, Blair had the most fashionable moments on GG (sorry Serena and Jenny). Not only did she inspire my shopping addiction, she inspired my love for fashion designers and runway.

2. She wasn’t afraid to speak her mind.

Blair was a tough byiotch. She did not let anyone walk over her or use her for the most part. She spoke how she felt and I totally respect her for that. Many people think that is bitchy of her, but that girl knew how she wanted to be treated and wouldn’t settle for less. After all, haven’t you heard? She is the craziest bitch.

3. She loved Macarons and Champagne.

Spoiler alert, if you are one of those unfortunate souls who has not tasted a macaron, I need you to go out to the nearest French bakery and try one, you will not regret it. Champagne is a no-brainer, the one drink that make you feel so fancy and fabulous. As Coco Chanel once said, “I only drink champagne on two occasions: when I am in love and when I am not.”

4. She had confidence in herself.

While watching every season of GG, Blair had taught me a valuable lesson and that was to always have confidence in yourself. When no one else has faith in you, always remember to have faith in yourself.

5. Lastly, she had morals and class.

Blair’s influences included Audrey Hepburn– mostly Audrey’s iconic character Holly Golighty from Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Joan Collins. Her infamous scene where she is eating breakfast outside of Tiffany and Co. she is the modern day Holly Golightly. She had poise and grace which I completely adored about her. If anyone were to look up to someone, it should be Blair Waldorf.

Blair Waldorf will forever be my inspiration in life. I give her big props for making me be the woman I am today. Always be your inner Blair Waldorf and always remember if you are stuck in a good or bad situation, think WWBWD: What Would Blair Waldorf Do?

Until next time Seahawks, 

XOXO

[gifs courtesy of giphy]

Just a blonde with an unhealthy obsession with flamingos and Target