Ten Ways to Procrastinate This Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

1. Get creative with your doodles.

If you’re going to be spending so much time doodling on your notes, you might as well get good at it, no more mediocre squiggles. Be mindful as you doodle and try a new design and just see where the pencil takes you.

2. Online shop for an hour.

Is it finals week? Are your spirits low? Are you in denial about your bank account balance? There is no need to worry. Online shopping is a perfect procrastination technique. You can even hit that “Add to cart” button and just never check out, it’s almost like you really bought it.

3. Watch a vine compilation.

Dear vine, 

YouTube search “Vines that cure my depression”. Just do it.

4. Watch a whole movie on Netflix you would’ve never watched otherwise.

When else would you watch that documentary about that cult in Russia?

5. Send that risky text you have been waiting to send.

There is no better time to be real with your emotions and send a risky text than right in the middle of trying to relearn a whole semester. It is a perfect distraction from the impending doom of the finals that lay ahead of you.

6. Stare into space for extended periods of time.

Now, this one sounds boring, but trust me it is highly effective. Some may even call it “meditating”. All you need to do is keep those eyes wide open and overthink every aspect of your life!

7. Call your mom.

Better than studying, right?

8. Take a BuzzFeed quiz. 

Haven’t you always wanted to know what kind of cereal you would be?

9. Watch the He Man “What’s Going On” video on YouTube

Need a quick break? The “He Man HEYEAYEA” ten-hour-loop should do it.

10. Adopt a puppy. 

Somewhere right now, there is a puppy without a home and you, yes you, could be its new owner (even if you can barely take care of yourself). 

[Photos courtesy of Giphy]

Julia is currently a Senior at UNCW studying Business, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Spanish. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing for a company working towards environmental sustainability and stewardship. Her humorous and honest disposition shows through her writing here at Her Campus. Some of her favorite hobbies include painting, pottery, yoga, cooking and making people laugh.