This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

1. Broad City

If you have not already seen this show, better late than never! Broad City is a Comedy Central series starring Abbi and Ilana. They are two young, adventurous, and hilarious women “getting by” in New York City. The show is produced by Amy Poehler and based off of a previous web series originally created by Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer.

via%20GIPHY

“>

2. Girls

Girls is an HBO series that follows the lives of four recent college graduates living in New York City. This show is known for its real-life humor, unique characters, and discussion of several social issues including mental illness, homosexuality, and self-acceptance. Each character brings a different variety of humor and narcissism; you will be sure to have a love-hate relationship with this show.

3. She’s Gotta Have It

She’s Gotta Have it is a series remake of a movie made in 1986 by Spike Lee. The show follows a young and radiant artist named Nola Darling. Nola is a free-spirited woman who is not quite sure what kind of partner she wants in her life. We are taken with her through her journey of sexual freedom and discovering where to find true happiness.

4. Big Little Lies

HBO wins again with this intriguing mystery series starring Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Zoe Kravitz, and Laura Dern. The show focuses on five women connected through their children’s school and living in Monterey, CA. From the beginning of the first episode, you are hooked with the small hints of mystery. This show is a must-watch.

5. This Is Us

This Is Us premiered on NBC in 2016. The show follows the ups and downs in the lives of the Pearson family. Each of the character’s stories is unique and filled with emotional realities. The show is particularly special since it switches back and forth between the past and present lives of the characters. This Is Us brings us touching stories with harsh realities of realizing who and where you come from.

6. Game of Thrones

If you have not seen Game of Thrones, your time is now. That is all. 

[Photos courtesy of Comedy Central & Giphy]

Julia is currently a Senior at UNCW studying Business, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Spanish. She hopes to pursue a career in marketing for a company working towards environmental sustainability and stewardship. Her humorous and honest disposition shows through her writing here at Her Campus. Some of her favorite hobbies include painting, pottery, yoga, cooking and making people laugh.