To People Who Don’t Like to Nap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

The last day of classes and finals are slowly approaching which means it’s crunch time to either fix grades or figuring out a way to coast until the end of the semester. No matter what is going on, stress is inevitable and the nice people in your life like to suggest one thing: a nap.

Personally, I don’t like naps and I know I’m not the only one. When you nap you miss out on things like lunch with friends, a window to go to the beach, or just sunlight. So for my anti-nap people here are some other things to reduce stress and become more energized.

1) Coffee or Tea

Okay so I LOVE COFFEE! I mean not the “oh she drinks coffee all the time” kind of love but the love where I get headaches if I don’t have it. Truthfully, I would rather be over caffeinated than take a twenty-minute nap.

2) Watch a little bit of Netflix

I know this sounds like a trap but at least try it. Go grab lunch or dinner and watch only while you are eating. When you are done shut it off and continue working.

3) Step away from work and take a walk

Literally get up and walk around the library or walk to pick up food. Who knows, you could end up bumping into someone else and talking to them about the problems of napping.

4) Listen to music and go on Pinterest

This is one of my favorite things do it because it’s so mindless. Take it a step further and take your laptop outside with you so you get some vitamin-D and great outfit ideas!

5) Go to the gym

When worst comes to worst, grab a couple of friends and go to the gym as a study break. Most people after going to the gym feel more energized. So walk on the treadmill or pick up a dumbbell and get to working.

Good luck and stay woke!

[Gifs courtesy of giphy.com.]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".