The Mid-Semester Slump, As Told By Rory Gilmore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

As the semester inches closer to Thanksgiving break, we’re able to relish in the fact that the fall term is almost over; albeit, the amount of exams, papers, and homework that continue to pile up makes us collegiates feel as though spring semester might as well be years away. And while we may all follow different weekly schedules, there is one person who undoubtedly understands the chaos and stress we face: Rory Gilmore, our favorite academic who balanced heart-melting relationships, turbulent roommates, and demanding classes. I present to you, your mid-semester troubles, as told by Rory. 

1. Remember when you thought it would be a good idea to take all early classes? No? Yeah, me either. 

2. You tried your best to look presentable for your classes in the beginning of the semester. Now, it’s a miracle if you brush your hair in the morning. 

3. Getting slammed with a paper, two exams, three quizzes, and a whole lot of tears in the span of a week. 

4. Living with your absolute best friends but losing patience over the smallest things and not bothering to conceal your frustration. 

5. Sitting next to the one kid in class who has a ridiculous, uninsightful comment for every. single. thing your professor or fellow classmate says.

6. Going out a little more frequently than you should because you just cannot deal anymore. 

7. Or not going out at all because you’ve gone into full-on grandma mode. No shame, girl; I’m right there with you. 

8. “Under-prepared but over-caffeinated” has become your motto from this point in the semester onward. 

9. Doing your best to stay on top of your school work, but having to make time for jobs, the organizations you’re involved in, and—what do they call it?—a social life. 

10. And although the stress may feel like it’s never ending, you know the payoff will be so worth it in the end. So, you keep on keepin’ on because you’re an ambitious, bad ass collegiate. 

Photos courtesy of giphy.com

Gabriella is a twenty-something Floridian who has taken her love of waterfront living and sandy toes to Wilmington, NC! When she's not imprinting her body frame on the beach or stocking up on excessive jars of peanut butter, Gabriella can be found in the lines of Dunkin Donuts scrolling through Pinterest in the search of the perfect apartment decor. Her dream profession is to work for a women's magazine with an emphasis on millennial empowerment. Follow her on Twitter, @gabby_dionisio!