photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Going Home for Thanksgiving as Told by Real Housewives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Thanksgiving break is something that we all look forward to. Family, rest, and most importantly FOOD. With all of the good that comes with it, family time can be a bit overwhelming. Thanksgiving dinner can be a lot of fun or a hot mess. Here are some things that happen when you go home for Thanksgiving as told by some real housewives. 

1. Your mom is so excited for you to be home and it’s a little overwhelming.

2. You’ve been starving at college, living off of Cheez-Its and bagels, waiting for all of this home cooked food.

3. You and your siblings are finally old enough to drink at the dinner table.

4. Your relatives start talking about their lives and you’re not interested but your mother told you not to be rude.

5. Your family asks you what you want to do after college but you have no concrete plan (and they know it). 

6. Someone random gets invited to dinner and they start telling you about their lives. How do we know this person again? Who invited you?

7. Your grandparents start to talk about how life was when they were younger and how you’re basically a delinquent.

8. Your family starts to tease you about your life decisions or lack thereof.

9. Your family starts asking you if you have a boyfriend yet.

10. Your family asks you if you’re still friends with people you haven’t seen since high school.

11. You have to tell your family what you’re doing at school and what your career plan is at least 5 times. 

12. Someone at the table starts bringing up politics and things get heated… 

13. …and you’re just casually watching like…

14. Then things boil down to family drama.

15. At the end of dinner, someone asks if you have room for dessert.

16. At the end of it, you’re just happy that your Thanksgiving doesn’t end like this…

[photos courtesy of giphy.com]