This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

I have been part of Her Campus since my sophomore year, and now 46 articles later (including this one) I can’t believe I am writing my senior farewell today. 

I graduate in less than a week. Which is so crazy to think about. After May 5th, I am going to be working full time as an account coordinator at Plan A Advertising here in Wilmington. I started working part time in March and interned there last summer, so I am so thankful to have this job offer. Honestly, I was never the straight A student, but everything somehow fell exactly into place as I hoped.

Originally I was not accepted into UNCW. I spent my freshman year busting my butt at community college. I needed to go to the school that I had that gut feeling about– I knew I belonged here. I was determined to study Journalism and possibly be a news anchor, but fell in love with IMC and the advertising/PR field. While studying Communication Studies, I also heard of a little group called Her Campus at the involvement carnival my sophomore year. I remember being so nervous to fill out the “perfect” application, then a year later I was reviewing applications as co-president.  

I have said this to the Her Campus team a million times now, but I really am so proud of how much we have transformed in the past two years. When I first started we were a small bronze level chapter. Today we are a pink level chapter, which is the highest ranking for Her Campus and the top percent out of 340 chapters around the world. We started the puppy kissing booth and this year the Women in Local Media panel, and let me tell you, these girls always give 100 percent. I’ll miss spending my Tuesday evenings with you, from Islands to painting banners (and trying to clean paint off the floor before anyone notices). 

I want to thank Her Campus for giving me the opportunity to have an outlet to write about my college experience, and the chance to put my leadership skills to the test. To my co-president Casey who was always there to help me improve the chapter. To my roommates, Brett, Nicole, and Sam for putting up with Her Campus boxes taking over our house. To the Her Campus seniors, we are almost there! I wish you best of luck in the future. Lastly to Tally and Julie, although it is bittersweet to pass down the torch, I know this chapter will be in good hands. 

HCXO, 

Taylor

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!