This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name:  Lauren Inness

Year: Freshman

Major: Possibly Psychology

Hometown: Cary, NC

Favorite Musician: Daughtry

Favorite TV Show: Psych

Favorite Food: Chips and Queso

Favorite Color: Dark Purple

HC: What do you like to do on campus?

LI: I am involved with Greek life–Sigma Alpha Omega–and YoungLife. I like to study and hang out with friends, and take different rec center classes like yoga.

HC: Why did you choose UNCW?

LI: I chose UNCW because I love the beach, the warmth, and the campus is absolutely gorgeous. It is also far away from home without being too far. Also, all the opportunities that are on campus.

HC: What is your dream job?

LI: Doing something with children, however not exactly sure what. I know this isn’t for everyone, but it is something I am passionate about. I am not sure teaching is for me.

HC: What is one thing you’ve learned while being a college student?

LI: To not be afraid to get out of my comfort zone. I have been able to meet a lot of people and do things that, before college, I would not have seen myself being involved in. To be able to try new things where I might not know anyone else there, and to be okay with not being able to do everything. 

[Photos Courtesy of Lauren]

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.