This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Meet this cutie, Kenzie Melton! She’s a junior from Richmond, VA and majoring in Communication Studies. During her spare time, you can catch Kenzie running, working out, and hanging out with her dog, Macie!

Fun Facts

Favorite color: Black, just because it goes with everything and it is a very classy and professional color to wear.

Favorite movie: Me before you.

Favorite food: SUSHI.

Favorite band/artist: I really enjoy all types of music, but right now I am really big on the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Favorite meme: Any Gavin meme.

Favorite song: Can I omit this question??? There are too many to choose from!!!

Favorite place to shop in Wilmington: Savvy shopper tip- Platos Closet! SO many good deals and because we live in a college town, the styles at that Platos are always up to date.

Favorite place to eat in Wilmington: Blue Asia 100%.

HC: Why did you decide to become a COM major?

KM: I decided to be a COM major because I really enjoy interacting with people. I also think communication skills are incredibly important in order to build and maintain all types of relationships, whether they are business, personal, or even just day to day interactions.

HC: What are you looking forward to in being a COM major?

KM: I am looking forward to really exploring the in-depth study of communication and how it impacts your relationships throughout your life. One thing that I think a lot of people may not know about communication studies is that it teaches you the incredible skill to communicate.

HC: Where do you work?

KM: I am the marketing coordinator and a salon coordinator at Tanglez Salon & Spa!

HC: What do you like most working at a hair salon?

KM: I was incredibly blessed to be able to become the marketing coordinator for Tanglez Salon & Spa. I love seeing and documenting all of the incredible transformations that occur in the salon. Our guests are always so thankful and so happy when they leave the salon, and knowing that I had a part in that really makes my day. I also am so fortunate to be involved in such an amazing family at the salon.

HC: Why did you choose UNCW?

KM: Obviously the beach, it is a nationally acclaimed university, and I have always known I wanted to live at the beach.

HC: What is something that not everyone knows about you?

KM: I have no vision whatsoever in my left eye! So, my close friends call me K-Wap, haha like Fetty Wap…get it? (I am a pretty good rapper as well ;)).

HC: Do you have any hidden talents?

KM: Haha…I am left handed? I also can longboard like a champ.

HC: What is your binge-watch show right now?

KM: Grey’s Anatomy or American Horror Story.

HC: What is your ideal date?

KM: Anything with my dog. If you can’t understand my relationship and attachment to my dog, it is definitely not going to work out.

[Photos courtesy of Kenzie Melton]

Just a blonde with an unhealthy obsession with flamingos and Target