Azalea Festival Welcomes Spring in Wilmington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Spring has finally arrived, and with it comes the one and only Azalea Festival! The 68th annual North Carolina Azalea Festival will take place from April 8th to 12th right here in Wilmington and you don’t want to miss it. The festival will bring natives and tourists alike together to enjoy and celebrate Wilmington’s rich art, gardens, history, and culture in the heart of the city. There will be a variety of events for all different tastes, and here are just a few from this year’s line-up.

Nelly

(Photo: ncazaleafestival.org)

The “Hot in Herre” singer/rapper will be performing live at the festival on Friday, April 10th. Tickets are $35 and will increase by $10 the week of the show, so get them early!

Alan Jackson

(Photo: alanjackson.com)

Jackson will bring his 25th anniversary Keepin’ It Country tour to the festival Thursday, April 9th. The “Livin’ on Love” singer will be joined by Jon Pardi and Brandy Clark. Tickets are $49.50 and will increase by $10 the week of the show!

Cole Bros Circus

(Photo: ncazaleafestival.org)

A crowd favorite, the Cole Bros. Circus will feature elephants, clowns, trapeze artists, and more! Performances will take place April 9th through 12th. 

Street Fair

(Photo: ncazaleafestival.org)

The festival’s Street Fair will be a free event with more than 330 arts and crafts vendors, 40 vendors, and 4 stages. It will take place from Friday through Sunday in downtown Wilmington on Market, Front, and Water Street. 

Mark your calendar for April 8-12 and don’t miss what is sure to be a beautiful weekend to celebrate Wilmington. You can view a full list of events here.

I'm a Math major, Spanish minor, and lover of puns. Sometimes I eat cereal in the middle of the day. My mom seriously thought about naming me Ursula, and when she told me this later I got mad because I loved the Little Mermaid and she was gonna name me after the villain. Oh yeah and I really like to write. That's about all you need to know.