This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Finals are rapidly approaching, and you know what that means: everything is in chaos. Everyone is in a last-minute rush to get everything they need to get done completed before finals week. If you’re like me, you also have projects and portfolios to finish before reading day. It’s definitely not the time for procrastination–but if it’s your study break, read on to see what thoughts are running through our heads right about now.

“Wait, that project is due when?”

Really, professors, really? My big final project is due in two weeks?! That’s not enough time. (I know I’ve had all semester to work on it, but still.)

“I wonder if there are any extra credit opportunities?”

Some professors are nice and give out extra credit like candy. Others, however, are much stingier with extra points. Check your syllabus to see what your professor’s policy is. May the odds be ever in your favor.

“I. Need. Coffee.”

If you’re trying to get through a long study session, coffee can help keep you awake. Caffeine can ALSO make you jittery, so make sure not to drink too much joe. Make sure to drink some water, too.

“How well do I need to do on the final to pass the class?”

Do a few quick calculations to figure out a goal grade for the final. If you’ve got good grades so far, don’t allow yourself to get too stressed to get a perfect grade. Study hard and try your best. You’re almost to the finish line!

“Is it summer yet?”/”Is it graduation yet?”

Freshmen through Juniors are ready for the semester to end so they can hit the beach. Seniors are ready to walk across the stage, get their diplomas, and move on to the next chapter of their lives! Only a few more weeks, and you seniors are DONE with your undergraduate careers! Congratulations!

“Wait…I’m not ready for this year to be over!”

It really flew by, didn’t it? Time flies when you’re having fun, and I know I had a really awesome year. It can be scary moving onwards (seniors, I’m talking to you again!), but just know that your time at UNCW prepared you for what’s to come. You’ve got this, ladies and gents!

I hope you all have successful finals weeks, and congratulations to the graduating class of 2018!

[Gifs courtesy of giphy.com. Photo courtesy of hdqwalls.com.]

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.