This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

The long, hot summer season was great, but I’m sure we’re all ready for cooler weather. Fall officially began on September 23 and we couldn’t be any happier. Here are seven reasons to love the fall season:

#1. Pumpkin Spice – Waiting in long lines are annoying, but we have all been waiting for the pumpkin spice lattes since last year, so it is totally worth the wait. Don’t forget about all the other pumpkin flavored food, too!

#2. Colorful leaves– Don’t we all love the beautiful color changes of the leaves during the fall season? The colors are so pretty they are great backdrops for lots of pictures.

#3. Boots, sweaters, and scarves– Fall is a great time to pull out your favorite boots, sweaters and matching scarves out of the closet. You can stay warm and still be stylish at the same time!

#4. Halloween–  Halloween is a great time to dress up as your favorite superhero or t.v. show character to get some candy or head to a party with some friends. There are also scary haunted houses and pumpkin patch farms that you can visit. Who doesn’t love dressing up and getting free candy? Trick-or-Treat!

#5. Thanksgiving– The important thing about Thanksgiving is getting to spend time with your family and friends, but the thing most of us look forward to is the great food. There is always turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie leftovers for days!

#6. Football games– Whether it be the National Football League, college football or high school football, we could not be more excited about football season. Football is all about awesome tailgating with family and friends and wearing your jerseys to support your favorite team.

What’s your favorite part about Fall?