samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What’s in My Bag?: Exam Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Hello all!

As you already know, exam time has snuck up on us and we are all running around trying to secure the grades we want. While we are so busy going from building to building, professor to professor, and end of the year party to end of the year party, it’s easy to forget the essentials that keep us going. That is why today I am going to tell you some things I keep in my bag at all times during exam weeks to help you make it to the end of the semester.

• An Agenda – It’s always important to know where your next destination is, so having your agenda with your schedule on you at all times is very important. It helps you be where you need to be, when you need to be there.

• Phone Charger – When you’re on the go a lot, your phone often seems to lose energy as fast as you do. Having your phone charger makes it easy to take advantage of every outlet you see, so you can stay connected to the world and in contact with your study groups.

• Lip Balm – I am a Carmex type of girl, but any type of lip balm works when in a time of need. Since you are moving so much you have to make sure you’re feeling good, as well as looking good! Dry, cracked lips do neither of those things for me, so I always have some lip balm on hand.

• Mirror – Just because we are on the go, doesn’t mean we have to give up the appearance we like to have. For you, maybe that means putting on make up or checking to make sure your messy bun is just messy enough. Maybe it’s just checking to make sure that there is nothing in your teeth after your working lunch. Whatever it is, a mirror will help to make sure you are the you that you want to be.

• Snack – Unfortunately, when you are constantly on the move, it’s easy to forget to eat. Having a small snack on you ensures you get some type of nourishment, before you eat a bigger meal. The healthier the better!

• Gum or mints – These not only help keep your breath fresh when you’re talking to people all day, but can help some focus while studying. No matter why you use them, gum and mints are never unwelcome.

• Sanitary items – Sanitary items can mean tampons/pads, deodorant, baby wipes, and more. Make sure you have whatever you need in case of emergency (because sometimes mother nature has really bad timing) as well as what you need to keep yourself fresh throughout the day.

That’s just a little list of what I keep in my bag during this very busy time to give you a little bit of inspiration. What are some necessary items for you to carry around during exam time?

I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.