This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

1. Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

Detox tea, produce wash, teeth whitener, skin toner. These are a few among the many ways this product can be used. Since learning about this product almost 5 years ago, I’ve always kept a bottle around.

My favorite way to use it:

As a hair rinse just put a few tablespoons in a spray bottle and dilute with water. I keep the spray bottle in my shower so that when I’m washing my hair I can easily spray it throughout and rinse. This allows your hair to maintain a healthy pH by getting rid of left-over product, adds shine, unclogs oils and dirt from hair follicles, and adds nutrients such as Vitamins B and C, and potassium. This is truly a multi-purpose product so I would encourage you to just get on the internet and find the ways it could work best for you!

2. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

This natural calcium bentonite clay is another great all-purpose product that has endless benefits. Popular uses include hair and face masks, homemade toothpaste and deodorant, and eczema relief.

My favorite way to use it: 

When used in unison with Apple Cider Vinegar, also known as ACV, this product can create a face masks second to none at drawing out toxins, preventing blackheads and treating acne. After my first use of the mask, I knew it was something that my beauty routine had to have! This mask left my skin feeling clean, light, and even added a nice glow. Some people report having redness so I would definitely recommended doing this carefully. Also, keep in mind that this product is comprised of strong minerals so be sure to use plastic utensils when mixing as opposed to letting it come in contact with and ruin metal ones.

3. Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is another simple product that can have a multitude of benefits. Its strong minty smell, similar to that of eucalyptus, leaves a lingering aromatic sense of cleanliness. This powerful essential oil can be used in diffusers to kill germs in the air, kills acne causing bacteria, deodorize, and fight infections. It is best known for its ability to eliminate bacteria which can be found in places where we don’t even know it exists, so look online and see what works best for you.

My favorite way to use it: 

For overnight acne treatment. This product is great for eliminating those stubborn pimples that like to pop up out of nowhere. I put a few drops on the affected area and leave it on overnight. After about two or three days the pimple decreases in size. Many tea tree oils can have different levels of potency so it is best to do research or try a few and see which one works best for you. The tea tree oil scent can also a little overwhelming so be sure to use it in moderation.