Subscriptions That Actually Make Life Easier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Are you ever constantly running out of that one product you love? Do you ever find yourself walking in circles at the drugstore or spending just a little bit too much at checkout? Then maybe a retail subscription is a good investment. Retail subscriptions allow you to always have what you need when you need it. Having a retail subscription can save you tons of money and keep you from constantly replenishing expensive products.

Birchbox

Birchbox is a monthly subscription that allows you to receive personalized beauty product samples and have them shipped right to your front door! For just $10 a month you get full access to new makeup, skincare, and hair products! The site also offers beauty tips, fragrances, bath and body products, lifestyle accessories, and tools such as make-up brushes and sponges. I recently renewed my subscription after a year long break and let me tell you…I can’t wait for it to arrive. The best part about this subscription is that it keeps you from going into a store and splurging a ridiculous amount on products you may barely even use. With Birchbox, you can choose one of the items that comes with each box so if you will be needing a new product soon they have you covered! Birchbox also has full size variations of products that you receive samples of so if you enjoy a product you can buy it directly from them. Check out the Birchbox website for more info. 

Dollar Shave Club

Dollar Shave Club has by far been one of the best investments I’ve made for myself. I don’t know about everyone else but I find the prices of razor today to be completely ridiculous. I once went into my local drugstore to replace my old razor blades only to find that they were $20 for a pack of only three! I looked next to the pricey blades to find the razor itself for only $9.99, it was at that moment that I knew I would no longer let this company burn a hole in my wallet. When walking down the women’s shave aisle, it’s easy to see that we’re simply paying for pretty packaging and fancy moisturizing features that most of us could care less about. I just need my legs to be shaved, I can moisturize them on my own…so what’s the need to pay for all the extra stuff? Dollar Shave Club offers 3 razor options, each tiered depending upon price and quality. The most expensive one is only $9. They send you monthly refills for your blades so that you no longer have to worry about having a dull razor or ridiculous prices for new ones. You can adjust how often you receive them and they offer an amazing lineup of shaving, styling and skin care products that you can add on to your order. I have the least expensive one which works like a charm and leaves my legs soft and hairless, to make things even better, I receive automatic monthly refills for only $3. Check out the Dollar Shave Club website for more info.