This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Every girl with curly hair knows how hard it can be to maintain a product routine. With a myriad of products available in this flourishing market, your hair routine can become everything but routine considering how distracting a new product can be! Thinking back, I don’t think I have ever maintained one specific routine…I typically switch to a new product right after I finish one! Nonetheless, part of my New Year’s Resolution has been to really step up my curl game. With that being said, here are some insights into a few products that have definitely earned a spot in my hair routine.

1. Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla 4-in-1 “combing” creme: I decided to purchase this on a whim while it was on sale. I have really enjoyed seeing the way that this product eliminates frizz and keeps my curls uniform. I usually get the best results from it when I use it right out of the shower with damp hair after a wash. The smell can sometimes throw me of a little bit, but when used in unison with my other products I really don’t mind it. My curls stay lightweight, moisturized and about as frizz free as curls can be!
  2. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus on-the-go Conditioning Hair Fragrance: My mom bought this one for me; if you ever don’t know what to get someone as a gift and they have curly hair…hair products will always be appreciated! I keep this one in my purse for times when I’m out and about and my curls start looking a little dry. It is an oil, so I like to spray it in my hands and then disperse it. I found that spraying it directly on my hair doesn’t work well because of the nozzle which aims at literally one specific spot. It gives my hair a nice shine, makes it feel super soft, and has a great aroma that everyone compliments. 
  3. Aunt Jackie’s Butter Creme Intensive Moisture Sealant: I really love this one. Mostly because I didn’t realize how much my hair needed it until I saw the results. For anyone struggling with developing a curl pattern, Aunt Jackie’s offers an amazing line of products that I highly recommend. I would honestly recommend any of their products since they are all amazing! The butter creme sealant is especially great when used in unison with a milk or pudding type of product. Not only does it lock in the moisture but the creme adds a nice finishing touch when used on wet or damp hair that produces soft and bouncy curls once your hair dries. I should also add that this smells amazing – another aspect of this brand I really appreciate!

​​​​These products are all super affordable, ranging between $6 and $9! If you try any of them out, feel free to leave a comment and let me know how you like them or if you have any recommendations!