This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

The year has come to a close and it is time for many students to leave the dorm room that they have called home for a whole year. For some this may cause feelings of pure joy, for others sadness but for many it is a rollercoaster of emotions as they go through the process.

First comes packing. This task can be daunting and is often put off until the very last minute. Students are left to question how they accumulated so much random stuff throughout the year.

Second, cleaning. A year of life with minimal cleaning supplies can sometimes mean that your room is just plain disgusting. This is almost never the best part of moving out.

Third comes the moving and packing of the car. This is best done with the help of friends and family and some creative packing in the car. You got it all here somehow right?

Fourth, turning in the key. A little bit of sadness creeps up when you realize that your living situation next year will never be the same as it was this year. But then again maybe those are tears of joy sneaking up.

Fifth, leaving UNCG for a summer filled with sunshine and fun. And maybe a little work too?

I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.