This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

What are your majors/minors? What’s your classification?

I am currently a Media Studies major as a Second Semester Junior.

Where are you from?

I am from North Jersey, about 30 minutes from New York City.

Why’d you choose UNCG?

I always loved North Carolina and when I was looking at school, UNCG came up on my list and I fell in love with it!

How was the process signing up for the Disney program?

First you go through an application process online where they are able to sort through the people they like. Then you receive an email saying you get a phone interview or not. You do the phone interview and then you have one more online survey to take. After that, it is a waiting game. I received my acceptance within the week while others waited months to know.

Tell me about your disney experience. Do you miss being there?

My experience was amazing. It truly was magical to say the least. I was accepted into their attractions program and placed under their miniature golf courses. I was one of four college programs that was placed there. Although I didn’t work in an actual park, I had the best time. My coworkers made work fun and interacting with guests from around the world was very special. I miss it a lot. I miss the environment, the food, the people. My favorite story to tell is one night my roommate and I wanted ice cream so we decided to go out and get some. We went to the parlour in Magic Kingdom, got ice cream and rode space mountain in our pajamas. We could go into the parks at any time.

Was it reasonably priced?

Disney is an expensive trip. Living down there you figure out how to handle your money. Even though you get paid a fair amount, Disney gets it back in a way due to the fact you have discounts and you need to eat. Either you’re spending your money on food in Disney, or merchandise. I ate A LOT of Mickey bars.

Was it worth it? Would you recommend this program to other students?

I think this experience was worth everything. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Not just for the fun aspect of it but I learned a lot about business and customer service. You meet so many people and gain a lot of connections. I now have The Walt Disney World Company on my resume.

What are your graduation plans?

That’s a good question. I will hopefully be in California with my production team making film come alive.

What do you do in your spare time?

I am either with my production team planning films or spending time at my work, Tate Street Coffee.

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.