How to Stay Motivated After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Spring Break provides a much needed week of relaxation. Then you’re hit with a sense of denial when you think about having to go back to classes for the rest of the semester. The struggle is very real. If you find yourself feeling discouraged and lacking motivation, here are some tips that may help.

Get Organized

Dig out your syllabus from each class and your planner! Write down all of the assignments/exams/projects you’ll have due for the next couple of weeks. This will help you figure out how to manage your time as well as preventing you from falling behind.

Schedule Your Time

Delegating a set time to do everything doesn’t exactly sound like fun. However, this will help you get back into a routine. Set aside time each day to get your work done and take care of your obligations. After a couple of weeks, you’ll be completely used to it.  

Check Your Grades

If you’re not sure where you stand in some of your classes, now would be the best time to check your grades on Canvas. You still have time to bring your grades up! If you have any concerns, meeting with your professor would be your best course of action. They can let you know how to make the most out of the rest of the semester.

Study Groups

I guarantee you’re not the only person in your classes struggling to get back into the swing of things. Ask your classmates if they’re in a study group you could join, or you can start one yourself.

Plan For The Summer

Something that always keeps me going, is knowing I have something to look forward to. Well that, and nice weather. Start checking out concerts you can go to, begin planning a road trip, or just look forward to the fact that you won’t have to have a schedule soon. Do well now so you can enjoy your free time later!