How to Say Goodbye to Your Besties Who Just Graduated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

It’s that time once again. Some of the friends you have made throughout your college career (no matter how long) have graduated and some of them may even be leaving the city or state to return home or begin a new career. So how do you say goodbye? You don’t. 

The first thing you do is say “CONGRATS”! Don’t forget how hard they worked to finish their degree. No matter how sad separation may be, friendship means celebrating each others’ successes. 

Next, remember that you are friends for a reason. The friends you make during your time at UNCG are your friends no matter what. You may not have the convenience of being on the same campus anymore, and you may not get to speak every day but that does not mean that this is goodbye. Relationships of every kind take work. So while separation may make it feel like you will never see your buddy again, keep in mind that no one can make that true except for you!

Finally, keep a positive attitude. If you believe this is the end of your relationship then it will be. But if you are positive and have confidence in the connection you have made there is nothing that can keep you apart. 

Some friendships may fade away, but yours is worth working for. Who knows, you may end up back together in no time. 

I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.