This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

College friends are not the typical kind of friend. These are the friends that you studied with, partied with, cried with and took naps with. They were with you through your best times in college and the worst. This isn’t high school where you’ll go to your separate colleges and see each other during the weekend or the holidays. These are the friends that will eventually graduate and get jobs in other cities, states or countries. Here’s a little description of what I’ll miss about by college friends:

They are just as excited about your life achievements as you are.

While you’re struggling with papers, exams, and research they are right there with you.

They’ll listen to your rants and they know you’ll listen to theirs as well.

They’re always ready for those late night food breaks when you’re supposed to be studying.

And we all have that “mom” friend ready to tell you when you’re not thinking straight.

And speaking from experience, they help make college some of the best years of your life.

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.