5 Spring Break Activities That Aren’t Traveling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

It’s that time again, Spring Break is upon us. While I’m sure many of you have wonderful and exciting plans for your week off, those of us who will be hanging out in or around Greensboro may be looking for ways to make the most of their break. Here are my 5 suggestions for how to spend your break not traveling:

1. Sleep. It seems that everyday I wake up just a little bit more tired than the day before. Spring Break is a BREAK so sleep in, take naps and catch up on all the sleep you’ve put off so far this semester. Not only will this help you to start back classes refreshed, but it will help your body fight of any sickness it may be battling.

2. Catch Up on Homework. I know that none of us want to do homework during our break from classes, BUT taking even one day to get an assignment done ahead of time will ensure that you don’t completely check out and that you don’t feel like you’re drowning in work when you return to campus. I promise post-Spring Break you will thank during-Spring Break you for it.

3. Make money. If you’re anything like me, your bank account is looking mighty slim right about now. Find some ways to make money over break so that you can finish off the semester strong. Pick up a shift at work, babysit, sell the clothes you got for Christmas that you’re never going to wear. Whatever you can do to come back to campus with a little bit extra in your wallet will be more than worth it when you’re ordering that study session pizza with extra cheese.

4. Explore your city. This can be fun whether you’re staying around campus or going home to visit family. Take a day or two to get out of your space and explore the places that you haven’t yet had the time to see or experience. There are plenty of things to do in Downtown Greensboro for those of you staying in the area, from food to parks. (If the weather is nice, I recommend LeBauer Park!) Whatever you do, be sure to document it so that you can make all your sunburnt friends jealous when they return from the beach.

5. Start applying for summer jobs/internships. The summer will be here sooner than you realize so take a little bit of time to find and maybe apply for summer jobs or internships. With just about 2 months to go until the semester ends, there’s no time like the present. Even if you don’t apply yet, be sure to take note of when applications for summer positions are due. You don’t want to miss out on an opportunity to build your resume!

Regardless of how you choose to spend your Spring Break, be sure to make the absolute most of it. And above all else, be safe! We look forward to seeing y’all back on campus soon!

I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.