bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways to Peacefully Start Your Morning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Having a morning routine, for some, is essential to establishing the order and productivity that will be needed to continue into one’s day. Your morning routine can be a time when you reflect, a time when you organize, or even a time when you rejoice. Whatever you do, here are a few ways that you can establish a morning routine that will allow you to have a productive and tranquil day.

1. Clean your room: Coming home to a clean room is always super refreshing. It can be a hassle at times but cleaning your room in the morning will allow you to organize any messes that occurred the night before. This way, when you get home you will be in the mood to do something productive rather than having to clean a messy room!

2. Meditate: This is one that I have slowly been working into my morning routine. When I can, I wake up early enough to have coffee, relax, and meditate for about 10 minutes. This time has become super necessary for the balance of my day: it’s a brief period of time in my busy day where I can move at a slow pace, sit in the sun, and just be. I like to use simple meditation routine videos from Youtube!

3. Writing: If you’re like me and prefer morning routine activities that can be done from the comfort of your own bed, this one is perfect. I tend to be more sporadic in my journaling habits but I think it also works well in a morning routine. Journaling is important for one’s creativity and is a great activity that allows you to connect with yourself and relieve stress. Think of this as a period of time where you can reflect on the day before, plan your goals and aspirations for the day ahead, or even document things in your life that you are grateful for. If journaling were apart of my morning routine, it would be paired with my balcony and a nice cup of coffee!