3 Things That Help During Allergy Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Allergy season is upon us and the flowers, although very pretty, are not letting up on the pollen. Walking from class to class can be torture during this season but taking a pill everyday gets tiring and some allergy medication just doesn’t do the job. But have no fear, there are ways other than medication to relieve the suffering of springtime.

1. Eat Raw Honey

It make not seem like a likely solution but research shows that eating raw local honey helps eliminate allergy symptoms because the honey contains the pollen that is causing the allergies. This remedy is said to helps with congestion and itchy eyes.

2. Eat Hot and Spicy Foods

If you have problems with excessive mucus during allergy season, eating spicy food can help release that mucus and bring you relief. Adding foods such as cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper to your diet will help thin out the mucus and relieve your congestion.

3. Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar helps boost the immune system and helps with drainage. By itself, this product is not very tasty but it can mixed into foods such as chicken and even combined with raw honey. Whatever works for you!

Another tip for allergy season is avoiding alcohol and caffeine. I know with the year ending and exams coming up, alcohol and caffeine might be your only two food groups but cutting down just a little can do a lot of good. 

Source: https://draxe.com/seasonal-allergy-symptoms/

a writer and editor for the UNCG chapter of Her Campus.