This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCC chapter.

Sports are a part of American culture. Whether it’s the Super Bowl, March Madness, the World Series, or a match between rivals, people are always hyped up for game day! Throwing a game day party is a lot of work, but luckily, there are places you can go to watch the game and eat some yummy food! So, put on your team’s colors and head out to one of these places!

Taco Mac

Taco Mac is one of my favorite sports bars in Charlotte. They have a great selection of appetizers and a ton of beers. They also have TVs everywhere, so you will be able to see at least one screen no matter where you are seated. I went to Taco Mac to watch the Jaguars-Patriots game and the only downside was that I ate way too much. We had wings (the Hickory Honey BBQ were my favorite), chips and queso, and calamari. I also discovered a new favorite beer, the Southern Girl from Sycamore.

Ink N Ivy

Don’t let the decor fool you – this local hotspot would be an amazing place to watch the game. I’ve only been here once at night, but I definitely need to go back! They have $4 Bud Light aluminums on Sunday, which is the perfect thing to pair with football. Not a beer drinker? They have really good craft cocktails. My favorite is the Poison Ivy, which is a refreshing blend of citrus vodka, pink lemonade, and basil.

Top Golf

If you’re not really into watching sports, like me, Topgolf is the perfect place! You can hit golf balls or just hangout. If there are sports fans in your group, they can play golf while watching the game! The menu was practically made for game day. It includes bacon mac ’n’ cheese spring rolls, nachos, wings, and chicken and waffle sliders. Hello, food coma!

Duckworth’s

You’re almost guaranteed to have a Duckworth’s nearby – they have locations in Montford, Ballantyne, Uptown, Huntersville, and Mooresville. Their wings and Philly cheesesteaks are some of the best in town. Their homemade chips are the perfect match for any of their dishes. Oh, and don’t forget to try one of their 50+ beers on tap (if you’re old enough)!

Angry Ale’s

This Thursday night college hotspot also has a location on Montford (the better location, in my opinion). Both have good food and drinks, but the one on Montford has a spacious patio with TVs. The patio was totally made for watching sports on nice afternoons!

Brazwell’s

Brazwell’s has locations in Montford and Ballantyne. I haven’t been to the one in Ballantyne, but the one on Montford is my go-to when I’m home for breaks. They have a patio with TVs, so you can sit outside and watch games on nice days! Brunch is served on the weekends. As for game day food, they have loaded pub chips, which are nachos with homemade potato chips topped with queso, bacon, tomatoes, scallions, and sour cream.

Moo & Brew

Located in Plaza Midwood, this is the place for burgers and beer. The pretzels and cheese appetizer is addicting. They also have nacho fries! Did I mention that this place is home to the most extra Bloody Mary in Charlotte? For $20 you can get the Large Marge, a 20z bloody  topped with a jalapeño firecracker, cheese curds, fried green tomatoes, bacon, grilled cheese, and a burger. It also comes with a 7oz Miller High Life.

All American Pub

According to their website, All American Pub in Southend is “the place to be on game day.” Their menu reminds me of a state fair because they have hot dogs, burgers, fried Twinkies, and fried Oreos. While I haven’t had their fried Oreos, I’ve had them before at the NC fair and they are absolutely delicious. Love brunch? Arrive before 2pm for waffle sliders, eggs, and a Bloody Mary bar.

Megan Kottkamp is a Sophomore at UNCC, majoring in Public Relations. She is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha. In her free time, she enjoys photography, binge-watching crime shows, and hanging out with friends!