Campus Celebrity: Hilda Tajalli ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

This week’s celeb, is Hilda Tajalli, a senior from Greensboro, NC, double majoring in Management and Society and Psychology. She is a great representation of the unique diversity and hardworking students we have here at UNC. Hilda, goes above and beyond to make this campus a better place every single day. She is involved in numerous organizations around campus including The General Alumni Association, Senior Marshal, Homecoming Committee, Persian Cultural Society, Carolina Leadership Development, Kappa Delta Sorority, Carolina United, Study Abroad, and Ease. Her Campus, decided to interview Hilda to show how much service work our students do to make our campus and the community a better place.

1. What are your roles for the groups your involved with

~Senior Marshal Social Co-Chair: Serving as official representative of senior class. I am responsible for planning senior social events and activities, building stronger ties between class and university while fostering class unity.

~VP of Homecoming Committee: I am responsible for planning and organizing daily events during Homecoming week, building and establishing relationships with partners, promoting participation and attendance among both students and alumni.

~Persian Cultural Society Co-President: Help with planning monthly meetings, organizing campus and community events, recruiting new members; promoting understanding and knowledge on the Persian Culture through activities.

~Carolina Leadership Development Ambassador: Representing the Carolina Leadership Development office throughout the summer at first-year orientations, continuing to promote various programs like Carolina United and LeaderShape.

~ Carolina United: Volunteered to help facilitate a diverse group of about 68 undergraduate students, advocating an inclusive and vulnerable environment alongside 16 counselors.

~Dance Marathon: I have served as a committee member for the past two years and have danced for all 3 years, I’m going to make it 4 this year!

2. What made you want to become so involved on campus?

I am the type of person that always has to be doing something for my community. I am involved with all these organizations and more because I have a passion for helping and meeting new people. I also love socializing, so having the opportunity to plan those events has been really rewarding.

3. How have these clubs influenced your life?

Not only have these clubs/organizations helped me develop better time management, but the main reason I’m so involved is because my organizations are what make my college experience so great. I am able to help build opportunities for people to connect and build relationships.

4. If you want to get involved with these groups, how do you go about doing it?

To get involved with the GAA, you just go online and apply during the application period for the different types of student organizations. For Persian Cultural Society, just join us on Facebook or ask to be on our list serve through studentlife.unc.edu. For CLD just drop in there office in the Union, they’d love to help connect you with different programs, I literally just walked in as a First-Year and have been involved with something every year!!

5. This is your senior year, what are your plans for after you graduate?

AH… that’s a good question. My parents are wondering the same thing, but I’m not too worried, yet. I know I’ll probably end up back at school, however I really would like to travel around for a bit.

6.What do you do in your spare time here at UNC?

My spare time includes running with my friends, grabbing Yopo or a He’s Not cup – sometimes both, watching movies, and shopping.

7. Favorite place to eat on franklin?

Hmm…. That’s tough, but probably Med Deli.

8.Whats the coolest thing you’ve done while being at UNC?

Running from the Dean Dome to TOPO when UNC beat D00K and taking an awesome picture #doitforthegram.

Macy Maness

Chapel Hill