Who Are We?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Hi! It’s nice to meet you, we’re the writers for HC UM, and we thought we’d introdcue ourselves. We hope you like the content that we’re posting, and please, feel free to comment or Facebook us suggestions!

Love,
The ladies of HC UM

Name: Katie Warren
Age: 18
Major: Journalism
I have been writing for HerCampus for about three months, since I sent an email to the UM campus correspondent on a whim. I consider my attempt to get my writing out there in the world to be completely successful, since I has a steadfast following consisting of my parents, my best friend, and my roommate. In my free time, I like to go on adventures, write, and play Quidditch. I am allergic to black beans, and I have won two spelling bees, which I consider to be my crowning glory.

Name: Carli Krueger
 Age: 19
 Major: Journalism

I started writing for Hercampus last November to keep up my writing until I got in to Journalism school. I am a sophomore by credits at UM but this is my first year here and I love it because it’s not too large and Missoula is a really cool town. In my spare time I like to hang out with my friends and play soccer when I can or go to sports games. I am a huge hockey fan and I love the Phoenix Coyotes and the Chicago Blackhawks. I also love to watch movies and paint when I have time. I have no sense of smell and I love British music.

Name: Colette Maddock
Age: 21
Major: Print Journalism
I am 21-year-old senior in the School of Journalism. I grew up in Whitefish Montana, and am currently the Campus Correspondent for HerCampus UM. My favorite thing about UM is the diversity of the people here, Missoula has a unique vibe that not many other towns can compare with. In my free time I enjoy skiing, writing, cooking and shopping. I love wine nights with my best friends, going to concerts and figure skating. When I graduate I hope I can move somewhere that is close enough to the mountains that I can still ski every weekend. I love avocados and think tights are the best invention ever.

Name: Alyse Backus
Age: 23
Major: Print journalism
I have been writing for HerCampus UM for six months. I started writing for the site to broaden my horizons in the field of journalism. In my free time, I like to be active. I work out and love spending time outside. On the weekends, I enjoy watching a good chick flick or action movie with a glass of wine. I also am an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan. My favorite thing about attending The University of Montana is Grizzly football games. I have been a Grizzly fan since birth.

Name: Erin Meagher
Major: Creative Writing and Media Arts
I am a freshman at the University of Montana and have only just recently begun writing for HerCampus. I am
Creative Writing and Media Arts double major and enjoy the rich atmosphere and engaging people at UM. I love expressing myself through writing and hope to make a career out of it. My interests include photography and Irish Dancing when time permits. I enjoy silent movie marathons, camping with friends during the summer as well as spending time with my family.

Name: Alexandra Mountzouri
Age: 23
Major: double majoring in English, option in creative writing, and Theater. 
For those of you that are incapable of speaking names that are over 2 syllables, you may call me Lexi.  I’m a Greek American 5thyear undergrad, and I spent most of my childhood in Bozeman.  Don’t worr
y though, I’m a total Griz fan now! Unfortunately the busy schedule of college life leaves me with little free time.  In the free time I do have, I’m usually sitting comatose in front of my computer Facebooking or watching one of the many TV series I follow.  Of course, I do always find time for my friends and an occasional drink downtown. There are many things I love about UM.  For instance: lounging in the 3rdfloor of the UC, the brownies at The Market, basking in the sun on the Oval, the random musicians on the Oval that serenade students as they walk to class.  I love feeling included in a community that is so charismatic and lovely.  These things pretty much make up for the fact that when I graduate, I will be in debt up to wazoo. I began writing for HerCampus at the start of this semester because itseemed like a fun new endeavor that would get me writing even if I didn’t have professors breathing down my neck, demanding more papers.  So far, my hypothesis has been true, so I hope to continue!

Name:  Liz Williams,
Age: 21
Major: Journalism
I am Liz Williams, a 21 year-old Journalism student who just transferred here from central Kentucky. I’ve been writing for HerCampus for less than a month. This blog is a fun, informative outlet for campus ladies. When I’m not writing for HerCampus or plugged into schoolwork I enjoy playing guitar, cooking fancy food, traveling,
laughing with people I love, and exploring the outdoors. My favorite thing about attending UM is the faculty’s accessibility to students and knowledgeability in their field.

Name: Nicole Wren
Age: 18
Major: Broadcast Journalism
I have been writing for 2 months. I love to play volleyball, hike, go to concerts and attend sporting events especially football. I love the outdoors aspect of UM and how much pride there is in Missoula towards the school. I’m from California so I love to play beach volleyball and watch watch/play all sports.

Name: Kristine Quint
Age: 18

Major: Creative Writing and Literature
I have been writing for HerCampus for the past month, starting at the beginning of the 2011 spring semester. I started writing for HC because I love to write, I want to get some writing experience, and having an article each week keeps me writing something besides essays for my classes! In the free time I have  I ski, play Ultimate, read, write, take pictures, and hang out with my friends. I’m double majoring in Lit and Creative Writing with a minor in Spanish, so basically all the school work I do is humanities. My junior year I’m planning on studying abroad in Spain, hopefully in the city of Malaga right on the Mediterranean. My favorite thing about attending UM is probably just the atmosphere of the school. Everyone works hard, and plays harder.

Name: Annaliese Shank
Age: 22
Major: Creative Writing
I started writing for HerCampus this semester to contribute to an online magazine specifically for local college students and to be a bigger part of the campus community. In my free time I am usually in Clinton riding horses on the UM Equestrian team, volunteering at the Humane Society or hanging out with my Alpha Phi sisters. I’m from Seattle, but love the friendly community of Missoula and how small the university is; my favorite spot on campus is the oval in the fall, especially when it’s sunny.

Name: Jen duToit
Age: 20
Major: Art

I am in my third year at the University of Montana.  I am studying studio arts, with a focus in printmaking.  I just recently started writing for HerCampus in February after finding its link through the U’s website with an interest in writing and volunteering.  While I spend the majority of my time working in the studio, I also work at a resale boutique in the downtown area and volunteers for the school’s Artist Collective.  Born and raised in Butte, I strongly believe in hometown pride, family, and whiskey.  I enjoy Woody Allen films, record shopping, brussel sprouts, riding her bicycle, and Bit-O-Honeys.  

Name: Mollie Murphy
Age: 21

Major: Communications
My name is Mollie Murphy and I am a 21-year-old Junior at the University of Montana. I am majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in Human and Interpersonal Relations, and minoring in both Women’s and Gender Studies and Human and Family Development. I was raised in the small town of Anaconda Montana, and I love the energy here in Missoula. I wanted to get involved in HerCampus because I am passionate about Women’s studies and I love to write. The socialization and communicative aspects of online sites are fantastic in their ability to connect people. I love the University of Montana for its energy and efforts to make everyone feel right at home. In my free time I absolutely love running and weight lifting. I also love to focus on my studies as I hope to continue my education and eventually become a School Counselor.

Name: Caitie Silvers
Age: 19
Major: Journalism/ Undecided 
I first became interested in writing for HerCampus because I love magazines and articles that appeal to young women and the things we’re interested in. I love making earrings, reading books and fashion magazines, photography, being outdoors, and being around people. I’ve always loved Missoula and the people who live here. University of Montana is the perfect sized campus and it doesn’t hurt that everyone in the city seems to be so nice. I love traveling and I try to take a special trip every year.