Open Mic Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Last Thursday was Open Mic night in the University Center and it was so packed for one stand-up comedy performance, people were sitting on the floor.

If you’re looking for something new to do on Thursday nights or if you live on campus and don’t mind heading over to the UC, then you should definitely check out Open Mic night. You’ve only go two more chances to go before the semester is over.

Three have already been held but there are two more Open Mic nights left. There is one on March 24 and the last is on April 21.

It is held from 8 p.m. to midnight in the UC Game Room so there is plenty to do while hanging out between acts. It’s completely free and open to anyone and you don’t have to attend the whole things either. You can drop in for a few acts. The Game Room also sells candy and other snack in case you get hungry.

But Open Mic night is not just for attending, anyone who wants to play music, read their poetry or preform stand up is welcome to sign up. Registration for Open Mic night starts at 8 am the Monday before the performance and is done on a first come first serve basis. It’s a great place to start out and start getting seen by people if you plan to take your talents further. And since it’s free and open to everyone, you can fill the audience with your friends.