Her Campus UM Blog

• V-Day

Last Friday night, I sat in the Dennison Theater laughing until tears filled my eyes. Ten minutes later this emotion was replaced with an...

• The Pen is Power

In light of finals this week, I’ve been thinking about the semester that has passed ever so quickly. What have I learned? What do I want to...

• Alone, but not Lonely

Each week, for one of my education classes, I get to read a different Young Adult book and think about the themes it offers to growing...

• A Random Act of Kindness

“Miss? Can we get refills over here?” I looked over to see a table of seven all with empty cups. I sighed. As I looked towards the door, I...

• It Was Red's Fault

In the spirit of Halloween, I had a classic October day with a couple of my friends. We carved pumpkins, ate dinner, and watched a couple...

• Be Stress Free!

If you’re like me, you love being in school, but you hate what it does to you. Getting coffee, going to class, and being completely...

• Why your vote matters!

Politics can be a stressful topic. Getting educated, registering to vote, and actually making it to the poles can seem like it’s not really...

• What does a feminist look like?

“This is What a Feminist Looks Like” How can you tell if someone is a feminist? What do they look like? I like to think I’m a hard-core...

• Celebrate Women's History Month!

Women’s History Month March is Women’s History Month! This is the month (although you should think about these things during other months,...

• Can a man be a feminist?

Can a man be a feminist? I know many women who refer to themselves as feminists. This makes sense, seeing that feminism advocates equal...

• Is retrosexism really funny?

So I’m on the bandwagon now and I’ve heard about this thing called “ironic” or “retro” sexism. Simply put, retro sexism is sexist humor...

• The Bystander Effect

The bystander effect refers to the phenomenon in which the greater the number of people present, the less likely people are to help a...

• Too much technology

Do you spend too much time on Facebook? The answer is probably yes, and if it’s not, there is still a good chance you spend too much time...

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style