Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UM Blog

V-Day

By Janelle Schmit
February 17, 2013 - 9:21pm

Last Friday night, I sat in the Dennison Theater laughing until tears filled my eyes.  Ten minutes later this emotion was replaced with an intense sadness.  It isn’t always easy hearing about your vagina, especially in such graphic terms.  Hearing about all the ways the vagina has been abused and oppressed can be painful, but hearing about how your vagina can be liberated is one of the most beautiful things you will ever experience.  READ MORE

The Pen is Power

By Janelle Schmit
December 10, 2012 - 12:42am

In light of finals this week, I’ve been thinking about the semester that has passed ever so quickly.  What have I learned?  What do I want to do better?  What am I still thinking about long after my professor has put the material back on the shelf?  READ MORE

Alone, but not Lonely

By Janelle Schmit
December 3, 2012 - 12:39am

A Random Act of Kindness

By Janelle Schmit
November 19, 2012 - 3:09am

“Miss?  Can we get refills over here?” I looked over to see a table of seven all with empty cups.  I sighed.  As I looked towards the door, I knew this was only the beginning of a crazy night.  The Griz had just lost, so everyone looked either depressed or on the brink of the most intense hangover of their lives.  I was getting stressed out but reminded myself that being busy was way better than being sent home early, because I was there to make money.  READ MORE

Somewhere Between Desperate and Detached

By Janelle Schmit
November 11, 2012 - 9:42pm

Blog readers:  I want to share a story with you, before I talk about what’s been eating away at me this week:  ____________________________________________________________________________________ READ MORE

It Was Red's Fault

By Janelle Schmit
October 22, 2012 - 12:50am

In the spirit of Halloween, I had a classic October day with a couple of my friends. We carved pumpkins, ate dinner, and watched a couple movies. One of the movies we watched, Red Riding Hood, got me thinking about a couple of things, especially since the fairy tale has been appearing frequently in my life lately: READ MORE

Be Stress Free!

By Janelle Schmit
October 14, 2012 - 6:05pm

If you’re like me, you love being in school, but you hate what it does to you. Getting coffee, going to class, and being completely enveloped in college life is exciting, but the inevitability of tests, papers, and projects can turn you into a raging…excuse my French…bitch. There’s no way to completely avoid stress; stress is something that everyone has to deal with and we all cope differently. Some binge eat (I’m notorious for midnight food adventures right in the middle of homework…), others take it out at the gym, and some (like my incredibly tidy roommate) clean. READ MORE

November is on its Way, and so are the Elections

By Kaitlyn Christopher
September 10, 2012 - 2:00am

Even if you didn’t religiously watch the Republican and Democratic National Conventions over the past two weeks, I’m sure that you’ve at least had your Facebook News Feed blown up with sound bites, praise, and scorn for the two nominees. If you’re taking a Political Science or current events class this semester, expect your assignments to start revolving around this November’s pivotal election. One of the best parts about living in a community like Missoula and attending the University of Montana are all of the opportunities available on campus and around the state to expand your leadership skills and join the political process! READ MORE

How to Stay Healthy During the Summer

By Mollie Murphy
May 12, 2012 - 6:08pm

READ MORE

Make the Most of Your Free Time this Summer!

By Mollie Murphy
May 6, 2012 - 12:23am

As the last two weeks of the semester round up, it’s impossible to forget that summer is quickly approaching. Sure the weather is nice and the livin’ is easy, but what are some ways to make the most of your summer? We all want to enjoy summer, but it’s a great time to be productive, seek opportunities, and grow. What are the “best” ways to spend the summer? I could give you some obvious advice you’ve already heard a million times. Work, intern, volunteer, make connections, travel… these are all great things to do during the summer. My advice would be to do one of those or all of those, but also to spend some of your free time doing things you might not have had time for during the semester. READ MORE...