Be Happy: Feel Good Tips for Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

We all have those days when, for whatever reason, we can’t seem to shake the blues.  Although I’m all for curing these moods in ways other than sitting in front of a computer, the 10-degree weather is not terribly inviting. So when you’re in the mood for staying put in your toasty house, here are some tips to get you feeling like yourself again. 

First off, turn on some upbeat music, none of this Daniel Powter stuff.  I could recommend some of my liking, but I’m sure our music preferences are so diverse it would be best simply to leave it up to you.  Once you have that taken care of, you can rock out while making some ice cream. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to make.

Engaging in an activity might take your mind off your sorrows, and I’m sure you will feel a sense of accomplishment upon completion.  Once finished, forget the bowl, just grab a spoon and curl up in front of your computer with your homemade ice cream and do as I recommend.  For some comic relief, check out this video. It made me “LOL” and I’m sure you will too.

Next you need to get inspired about the future.  Stop dwelling on your bummer of a situation, no matter how upsetting it may be.  Picture yourself in one of these magical places with one of the hunky guys in your fantasies.  

Then, give yourself some perspective.  There is always someone that has it worse. Since you might be just a tad depressed after watching that, take a look at this adorable pug video. Last but not least, you won’t want to miss this terribly cute baby elephant.   

Hopefully you feel a little better after this, if not, at least you killed some time until a new day dawns and your problems are all in the past. 

Campus Correspondant- My Campus Montana, colettemaddock@hercampus.com Colette Maddock is a senior at the University of Montana (class of 2011). She is a print Journalism major and a Women's Studies minor from Whitefish, Montana. This summer she interned at Skiing Magazine. She is passionate about winter sports, and loves skiing and figure skating. In her spare time she reads tons of books, tries to cook, and spends time with her friends.