Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UM Archives

Top Ten Things to Do With Your Tax Return

By Kristine Quint
March 2, 2013 - 8:10pm

Get a haircut at Boom Swagger. They give out mimosas! Buy a book. Remember reading for fun? Yeah, me neither. Buy your favorite movie Go skiing or snowboarding. If that’s too easy and you do it already, try the other. Road trip for the weekend with friends. Fernie, Jackson Hole, Bozeman, and Spokane are all within an easy day’s drive! Go out to a nice restaurant—Silk Road, Ciao Mambo, The Iron Horse, to name a few! Buy yourself the wine or beer that has tempted you the last five months every time you went to the grocery store. Oh, and that expensive pasta, too. And the cheap box of cake.  Buy the album that you listen to shamelessly for free on iTunes. Donate to a good cause. Why not. READ MORE
...

One Billion Rising on the Oval

By Anya Beaumont
February 22, 2013 - 1:12am

READ MORE

Dinner and Dessert

By Kristine Quint
February 21, 2013 - 9:11pm

Craving a Hot-n-Ready from Little Ceasers? Tempted by the frozen bread sticks in the HD lighting in the freezers at the grocery store? Ready to go buy a whole boxed cake to satisfy your sweet tooth? Have no fear, more cheap, easy, and healthy Pinterest recipes are here. Dinner “Homemade Crunchwraps” – Yep, like the ones at Taco Bell, and it’s enough for leftovers! And the best part is, you can put on as much of any ingredient as you want. But, if you want to make this like a crunchwrap, make sure you don’t overload your tortilla, or otherwise you’ll end up with a crispy, glorified burrito without the cool shape. One large flour tortilla Crunchy tortilla chips, Fritos, or crispy corn tortilla Lettuce READ MORE...

Skiing at Teton Pass

By Kristine Quint
February 21, 2013 - 8:58pm

READ MORE

Winter BrewFest 2013

By Katie D. Warren
February 21, 2013 - 1:24pm

Beer. Inebriation. Music. Pizza. Always a recipe for a good time in Missoula. A selection of more than 30 beers kept hundreds of Missoulians warm Friday night at the third annual Winter BrewFest. The event at Caras Park was a huge success, with about a thousand people showing up to sample the beers, wines, and enjoy the live music. Beers were provided from breweries around Montana as well as from places such as Oregon and California. Energetic music by the Kevin Van Dort Band and Three Eared Dog, both Montana based provided the soundtrack for the evening. Hot food was provided by Mackenzie River Pizza and El Cazador. Despite the chilly winter evening, Missoulians kept warm thanks to their beers and the large heaters scattered throughout the massive tent...

V-Day

By Janelle Schmit
February 17, 2013 - 9:21pm

Last Friday night, I sat in the Dennison Theater laughing until tears filled my eyes.  Ten minutes later this emotion was replaced with an intense sadness.  It isn’t always easy hearing about your vagina, especially in such graphic terms.  Hearing about all the ways the vagina has been abused and oppressed can be painful, but hearing about how your vagina can be liberated is one of the most beautiful things you will ever experience.  READ MORE

Vagina Monologues

By Katie D. Warren
February 14, 2013 - 12:55am

This time of year, V stands for Valentine. It also stands for victory and vagina. Yes, vagina. If you've never heard of the "The Vagina Monologues", you probably don't deserve to have one. (A vagina, that is.) Just kidding. But do read on and educate yourself. Written by Eve Ensler, the play details the ups and downs of the feminine experience through a series of monologues. Be prepared to laugh hysterically and sob uncontrollably, and then do both at the same time. READ MORE

New Semester Checklist

By Erin Hastey
February 9, 2013 - 8:03pm

By now, we’ve all made it back to Zoo Town after that near-eternal winter break, and we’ve finished the first two weeks of classes. We’ve (hopefully) gotten our schedules sorted out, and are buckling down to ensure we survive and thrive during the next thirteen weeks. According to Punxsutawney Phil, spring will be arriving early this year, and the Missoula weather as of late seems to agree. But before spring fever hits and wreaks havoc on your GPA, take some time to review this checklist and build up your academic immune system so that you can avoid the symptoms that fever brings with it.   READ MORE

Recipes for a Healthy Spring Semester: Breakfast and Lunch

By Kristine Quint
February 9, 2013 - 7:52pm

We’re all victims of it—a fat burger with fries and a beer, Tamarack nachos, a milkshake from Uptown Diner, Big Dipper ice cream, Little Ceasars…hungry yet? Or maybe your cravings for rich food start in your kitchen—Pasta Roni, mac and cheese, brownies, Pop Tarts, Eggo waffles, or 5 cheese frozen lasagna. Even the healthiest of us get cravings for food that we know is bad, but sometimes what matters more is that it just tastes so damn good. But, even if you work out on a regular basis, poor eating habits can make an impact on everything from your skin to your energy. So, before you break open another frozen pizza or ordering take out, check out some of these recipes. They’re healthy, quick, and most importantly, cheap.   Breakfast  ...

Lyn Canyon Suspension Bridge in Vancouver, BC

By Kristine Quint
February 9, 2013 - 7:46pm

READ MORE