This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Do you ever think to yourself, “Why am I in college?” Or, “What is the purpose of all this?”

You are not alone. I bet there are a bunch of people out there who think the same thing. To all of you out there, this a little reminder for why you are going to college and why it is going to be worth it.

• College is fun

Your college days are supposed to be the times you reminisce on in your old age. Your time in college is going to be the source of a LOT of your stories. These times are great times, but don’t think they are the best times because those are yet to come.

• The friends

Sadly, a lot of us have outgrown our high school friends. It is what happens and you probably might outgrow your friends in college too. The difference is in college you have to actually make an effort to be friends with your friends because you do not just see each another in class everyday. These are the people that are most probably going to be involved in your life for as long as you live. That is pretty cool.

• You want something better

We are all basically in college just to get a good job afterwards. You want something other than average, that is why you are here. You are here because you are giving yourself the opportunity to grow not only academically but mentally as well and emotionally.

• Know yourself

Without meaning to sound redundant, college is where you can figure out who you are. Most of us come in with no clue whatsoever of what we are doing, where we want to go or why we are even doing it. In college you have the freedom to discover yourself, without the restraints of anyone you are free to figure out who you really are and what you stand for.

Thumbnail Photo By Tessa Rampersad

Abby Olaleye is a junior at the University of Kentucky. I'm currently majoring in Biosystems Engineering with a minor in Biomedical Engineering. I'm a writer for HerCampus because writing is fun and a better way to procastinate.