UK Campus Cutie Connor Johnstone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Connor Johnstone
Hometown: Louisville, Ky.
Graduation Year: 2015?

Major and future plans: Mechanical Engineering, possibly double major with Physics. I’ll either work my way up a mechanical engineering firm, start my own business or do something with quantum physics.

Clubs you are in: Being a member of Alpha Tau Omega is probably my main club involvement, I sometimes hop in on the boxing club team though, and I plan to start a wrestling club as soon as I can get that all together. I like physical sports. But I also do undergraduate research off and on.

Favorite thing about UK: UK is a huge school, so it’s pretty cool that there are always new people to meet, no matter how many you know. Also, classes aren’t too hard. I like that.

Relationship Status: Single
Ideal date: My ideal date would have to include some awesome food, that’s my first priority. So it would start off by taking the girl to a really nice restaurant. From there though, I guess I like spontaneity more than anything, so there are a lot of options. We could do anything from a walk in the woods to watch the sun set somewhere scenic to sneaking into some place we’re not supposed to be. Doing something a little mischievous always adds to the fun.
Best pick up line:  Going up to a girl with a “How you doing?” like Joey from Friends is always fun.
First thing you notice in the opposite sex: Probably the way she holds herself. I like girls with a lot of confidence and a girl who knows what she’s doing is going to be the first girl to catch my eye.

Hobbies/Interests: Wrestling was always my favorite sport in high school. But I also enjoy music and art, regardless of whether I actually have any skill.
Biggest Fear: I don’t have fears.

Favorite movie/TV show: Changes all the time. Right now I like “Community.” It’s a little known TV show.
Favorite color: Green
Fun fact: I ate 19,000 calories per day and gained 17 pounds in the two days after wrestling season ended last year.
Life motto: Carpe Diem (seize the day), because every day has so much potential. It’s just on us to reach out and seize it.

Sports you play: I guess I was supposed to say wrestling here. But I’ve also done some MMA stuff, cross country, track, and lacrosse.
Are you superstitious? Not at all. I love going to haunted houses and stuff to make fun of my friends who believe in all that.

Lauren Conrad is a Print & Online Journalism senior at the University of Kentucky. After graduating UK with a degree in Sociology, Lauren spent two years working in marketing in Cincinnati, Ohio before deciding to move back to Lexington to enroll in UK's journalism program. Born in New Jersey, Lauren moved to the south at a young age and considers herself a southern girl at heart. A proud Wildcat, Lauren enjoys rooting for all UK sports. Always open for new beginnings, Lauren is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and for whatever new challenges may come her way after graduation!