UK is Abuzz About DanceBlue

Posted -

Usually a 24-hour dance marathon, this year's DanceBlue has been shortened to 12-hours on Saturday, March 3 because of the severe weather in Lexington today. 

DanceBlue is a year-long student-run fundraising effort. Started over five years ago, the initiative has raised over $2 million for the UK Pediatric Oncology Clinic and Markey Cancer Center. 

DanceBlue registration will begin at 7 a.m. and the marathon will run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 
Registration and the marathon are at Memorial Coliseum. 

You can still make a donation to help the children at the DanceBlue website. 
All donations go to the Golden Matrix Fund, which strives to better the lives of children with cancer.

Follow the event on Twitter or tweet your own experience with the hashtag #DB12. 
You can even check out the live blog throughout the 12-hour marathon here. (The blog will not go live until the marathon starts at 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 3.)

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Lauren Conrad is a Print & Online Journalism senior at the University of Kentucky. After graduating UK with a degree in Sociology, Lauren spent two years working in marketing in Cincinnati, Ohio before deciding to move back to Lexington to enroll in UK's journalism program. Born in New Jersey, Lauren moved to the south at a young age and considers herself a southern girl at heart. A proud Wildcat, Lauren enjoys rooting for all UK sports. Always open for new beginnings, Lauren is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and for whatever new challenges may come her way after graduation!

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login