Top 4 Movies to Watch on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

These movies listed are for different people in different stages of their love life.

1. The Notebook

Are you in love? Do you believe in love? Do you think true love can conquer literally anything, like anything at all? Yes? Then you can not go wrong with “The Notebook.” This is the best movie to get you through Valentine’s day.

You can never go wrong with the notebook. It is literally true love at it’s finest. Sure it has it’s issues, but what true love story does not? There is always some obstacle in the way that makes it so difficult. The notebook would make you hold your SO tight because you realize how easy it is to lose love after finding it. The Notebook proves that love is persistent.  

2. Titanic

First of all, there was clearly room on that door for Jack. All Rose had to do was move over a little OR take turns on who gets to stay on the door. That way by the time rescue arrived they would have both been able to be rescued. TOGETHER.

*frustration aside*

Titanic is the movie to watch if you experienced ‘love at first sight’ but because life sucks and things happen, your love was not able to fully manifest. This is your movie because it is a good representation that true love does exist. Although that love was lost, just the memory of it is a wonder itself, and a reminder that you can still find it again. You can not predict where love is going to come next, so just go with it when it does.

3. The Other Woman

Being cheated on has to be one of the worst things ever. Fear not, I have a movie for you. “The Other Woman”. It is a movie about three, kick-ass women who beat the hell out of their husband/boyfriend (not literally) in the best way ever.

REVENGE!!

Do you want a good laugh about how men suck, and even see one suffer (briefly)? Then this is definitely your movie.  

4. How to be Single

Do you need a man to be happy? Oh hell no!! “How to Be Single” is the perfect movie for all you single people out there who just want to have fun.

?Oh girls, they wanna have fun

Oh girls just wanna have fun (girls and boys wanna have fun, girls wanna have)?

This movie illustrates the struggles of being single. It shows that even though it is tough out there, there is still definitely a way to be happy. It shows the emotional growth of the main characters through the course of the movie. Emotional growth is something we all need.

With this movie you realize that the best kind of love is loving yourself. You gotta love yourself.

Thumbnail Photo By Charles Deluvio

Abby Olaleye is a junior at the University of Kentucky. I'm currently majoring in Biosystems Engineering with a minor in Biomedical Engineering. I'm a writer for HerCampus because writing is fun and a better way to procastinate.