Top 10 Things I am Thankful for

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

10. My parents

I’m thankful for my parents. I truly don’t know what I would do without them. At 22 they are still helping me navigate through this crazy world. No matter how old I get I will always need them.

9. My grandma

I am so thankful that I get to spend another Thanksgiving with my grandma. She is an amazing person and I love her very much.

8. Freedom

I am thankful that the U.S has people that are willing to risk their lives to protect our country and my freedom.

7. My house

So many families don’t have a place to call home. I am thankful that I do.

6. Education

I am so lucky to have had the change to go to college and get an education. Many people don’t have the chance or just can’t afford it. I am thankful that I am able to get an education.

5. A job

I am thankful that I have a job. My job provides me with money that I can use to pay bills, buy Christmas gifts, and much more.

4. My car

My car gets me to work, to make money, to buy Christmas gifts! If I didn’t have my own car getting places would be pretty difficult. I could manage, but it would be a headache.

3. My Friends

Honestly, I don’t have many close friends. But the ones I do have, have my back and love me for who I am. I am very thankful for that.

2. My family

No, I’m not talking about just the people I live with. I’m talking about my whole family. Even though we fight and disagree sometimes, we can count on each other and I am thankful for that.

1.Being alive for another day

I am so thankful that I wake up every day to an amazing life and family. I am thankful that I’ve made it through another year, through it all, I’m still here!

There’s a lot more that I’m thankful for than just these 10 things. The list goes on and on. So this Thanksgiving let’s put our differences aside and be thankful that we have each other, great food, and great families. 

Hey I'm Samantha. Senior at University of Kentucky Graduating in December 2016 From Northern Kentucky Aspiring writer and public relations specialist
My name is Sydney E. Baker, but mostly people call me Slim. As a junior at the University of Kentucky, I am pursuing a B.A in Integrated Strategic Communication (a mouthful I know but I wouldn't have it any other way). During my studies, I am focused on building my professional self - which basically means staying so busy that I hardly get a wink of sleep. I previously served as the Campus Correspondent for the UK chapter of Her Campus and before that I was only a writer. To know more about me visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/sydneyebaker.