The Top 10 Songs for this Valentine’s Day Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

So, it’s that time of year. Love is in the air and no one can stop it.

Some are madly in love, spending Valentine’s Day with their other half, while others might be on the couch eating ice cream with their friends. In my opinion, both are great!

Read below for the top 10 songs for the season; they’ll either make you feel lovey dovey or just get you through the holiday.

The Top 10 Songs to Get You in the Mood:

10. “She is Love” by Parachute – This classic will make you feel like a V.I.P. to your S.O. You’ll want to cuddle all night by the fireplace.

9. “Beautiful Soul” by Jesse McCartney – Though it is an oldy, it’s still a song that every girl loves. After all, it reminds us that all of us have a beautiful soul.

8. “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars-  This song can bring a smile to any girl’s face. It’ll make your GF feel special and absolutely gorgeous.

7. “Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton – Let’s be honest, the piano can really set up the mood.  

6.  “Finally Found You” by Enrique Iglesias – The story of a guy finding the perfect girl is truly romantic. #swoon

5. “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz – What girl doesn’t want to hear a guy confessing his love, saying he doesn’t want to give up?

4. “That’s How You Get the Girl” by Taylor Swift – Taylor Swift helps guys out all over the world with this song. She tells them to not be afraid of making a move, because, in the end, that’s how the boys get the girls. The life lesson? Boys should start listening to Tay Tay.

3. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran – Ed helps imagine life at the age of 70, still in love with the same woman he fell for in his 20s. #heartthrob.

2. “She Will Be Loved” by Maroon 5 – Imagine your boyfriend/girlfriend waiting outside in the pouring rain. Is that romantic or what?

1. “Mine” by Taylor Swift – TSwift sings about a life with your one true love. ‘Nuff said.

The Top 10 Anti-Valentine’s Day Songs:

10. “According To You” by Orianthi – This song lists everything you ever hated about your ex. Basically, screw them.

9. “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cryus – Where to even begin. This is for the girls who had their heart broken by their first love.

8. “Let Her Go” by Passenger – A heartbreaking song that details the boy’s version of letting the girl go.

7. “Since You’ve Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson – This track is a total revenge/”I hate you” song. You can release all your anger from the guy that screwed you over; just sing it at the top of your lungs.

6. “Never Ever Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift – A national anthem to convince girls everywhere not to go back to their horrible ex.

5. “I Knew You Were Trouble” by Taylor Swift – A song meant for the bad boys that come into your life and end up being a total jerk.

4. “Cry Me a River” by Justin Timberlake – Listen to this one, especially if you were ever cheated on. Justin understands where you’re coming from.

3. “Love Song” by Sarah Bareilles – The total badass anthem that says “I will never write a love song, because it’s meant for another woman.” #ohshoot

2. “Blank Space” by Taylor Swift – All of those bad relationship might lurk around for the next few weeks, so Tay Tay is here to remind you of the shitty part of the relationship, not the good stuff. If the lyrics don’t help, then just watch Taylor go crazy in the music video. You’ll feel better in no time.

1. “Single Ladies” by Beyoncé – To all the single ladies out there, dance like no one’s watching, because this is your song.

Picture Credits:

natalienotions.com

"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."
"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).